EIGHT

The alarm went off at 5:30am. Isabel threw her arms on the nightstand, lazily reaching for the alarm and turning it off. She stretched herself out on the bed and stared at the ceiling, to keep herself fully awake. Her thoughts couldn't help but wander back to her mate. He was everything she desired in a mate. From his gorgeous dirty blonde hair that she felt tempted to run her fingers through, to his perfectly defined facial features. She could already imagine his sexy stubbles tickling her cheeks while they share a steamy kiss, with his strong arms around her waist.

Isabel started feeling hot from these careless and filthy thoughts. She threw the duvet on the floor and jumped out of bed to distract herself from the thought of her mate. The heat wasn't going away, much to her displeasure.

"What's going on?" She mumbled, rushing into the bathroom to have a quick shower.

This isn't right. She wasn't supposed to go into heat until next week, that was why she gave her mate only a week to get used to her pack. The pain that comes with being in heat was unbearable for any female werewolf, and she wasn't an exception. Over the years she has tried so many ways to keep herself sane when in heat, but it hasn't been easy at all. There were times when she had to deliberately detach herself from her pack, to avoid having contact with any male werewolf, because even though she could trust that they wouldn't dare to try anything with her, she couldn't trust her own self.

Isabel quickly grabbed her usual sneakers, black tank top and denim shorts for her morning run. The moment she walked out of her bedroom, her eyes lingered on the door across her room.

"Let's go to our mate. He can make our pain go away." Her wolf kept pestering her to go to Dylan, but she won't give in to the temptation.
She wants her mate to accept her for who she is and not to satisfy her sexual desires.

The pain soon returned, urging her to leave the house before she does something stupid. Isabel jogged out of the house and didn't stop until she got to a large tree where she usually takes off her clothes before shifting into her wolf form. By then she was halfway into the woods. She turned back to look at her house which was now a good distance away from her, wondering if she was making the right decision. Should she have used her authority as an alpha to make him mate with her, or it would've been better if she threw away her pride and begged him to take her? No, that would make her look weak.

Isabel was fighting within herself whether or not to run to her mate, so he would take away her pain or go through another heat without his help. Isabel's alpha instincts and her desire for her mate's approval was far greater than her sexual desires. She called for her cousin through the mind-link, asking him to get some new clothes and underwear for Dylan, instead of facing her mate.

After her morning run, Isabel decided to inspect the training camp, since it was a weekend and all the warriors will be present, including the little pups who were exercising their paws. On getting to the training grounds, she noticed that the werewolves were all headed towards a particular direction, like there was something interesting happening there. She then headed towards the same direction.

Her presence was gradually noticed by the werewolves and humans at the back who immediately gave way for her to smoothly get to the front. The unmistaken scent of her beta and the heavenly scent of her mate filled her nose even before she got to the scene. Her wolf suddenly became agitated, causing her to get angry as she walked through the parting crowd. She arrived just in time to see her beta openly disrespecting her mate. Isabel's wolf didn't wait for her consent before rushing to the defence of her mate.

"You will bow to your alpha!" She bellowed in anger, glaring daggers at Carlos.

At the sound of their alpha's voice, all the werewolves and humans bowed in submission, including Carlos who was already shaking with fear. The authority in her alpha voice was too hard to ignore, not to even mention disobey. If she wasn't holding Dylan's hand, he too would've been bowing to her.

"How dare you disrespect my mate?!"

The difference in Isabel's voice and her tight grip on Dylan's hand intrigued him, making him wonder how strong her wolf was as a female alpha. His wolf's anger turned to excitement from having its mate so close. Dylan unconsciously entwined their fingers, to satisfy a bit of his yearning.

"A- a- a- alpha. I- I didn't -"

" I don't wish to listen to your weak excuse," She cut off her beta.

"He is your alpha and should be treated as such!" She continued, addressing her beta and the crowd.

"You will address him as your alpha and nothing less. He is entitled to whatever benefits I enjoy as your alpha, and will rule over you in my absence... Anyone who fails to obey my words will be exiled from the pack or join his ancestors, depending on his or her crime. Do you understand?!" She demanded in her strong alpha voice.

"Yes, alpha!" The crowd chorused to the surprise of Dylan who had thought the crowd would be reluctant to respond.

"You're all dismissed." She then said, and everyone withdrew, going back to their training session.

"Set up a meeting with the council of elders later today, and wait for me in my office when you're done."

"Yes, alpha." Carlos stuttered, scurrying out of their presence.

Dylan was once again proud of his mate, and wanted to show his appreciation, but held himself back after he heard a comment from one of the pack members.

"Now that alpha Martinez has found her mate, what's will become of her relationship with beta Carlos?"

Happy New Month, Lovelies!