TWENTY NINE

After several days when the pack was calm, Isabel named her cousin, Xavi, the new beta of the Pride pack. The title he rightfully deserved. He would be her right hand man and at the same time assist Dylan in training the warrior werewolves.

Dylan had still insisted on being in charge of the warrior werewolves to keep him occupied and keep Fernando interested in participating in the training session which Isabel agreed to after much persuasion. She decided to take advantage of Dylan's new position by joining in training the werewolves during her free time to stay closer to her mate. Majority of the warrior werewolves weren't too excited about it, as Isabel's presence made them train overtime.

Dylan was concerned about their psychological well being and felt pity for them whenever his mate drilled them but he couldn't complain because it gives him the opportunity to spend quality time with his mate and also makes them work together as a couple. He was that selfish.

It was a Sunday morning, Isabel and Dylan were lost in each other's embrace after a morning sex.

"Let's go make breakfast." Dylan suggested huskily, stroking Isabel's round butt lazily.

"I'm not hungry." Isabel mumbled against his chest, intertwining their legs tighter under the sheets to make her point. She was savoring her mate's manly scent mixed with rosewood and the feeling of his sweaty toned body against her equally sweaty body.

Dylan gave a low and soft chuckle when Isabel's stomach rumbled. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she hid her face in his chest.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, love. I'm starving."

Dylan cherished these moments with Isabel, when she acts all cute because once they leave the bedroom, she will be a totally different person. If he's lucky, she could remain cute until they leave the house to their various destinations.

The bond between them grew stronger after they mated with each other few weeks ago. And, although Dylan was enjoying the attention that comes with it, he wasn't happy with the fact that they were yet to complete the mating ritual. He had once attempted to mark Isabel without her permission but she found it offensive, that was his cue to never cross the line.

The thought of his mate not wanting to be completely his was tormenting. He wants the whole world to know who she belonged to. He wants to wake up every morning to see his imprint proudly decorated on her neck, but it seems she doesn't want to be claimed by anyone.

"Are you even listening?" Isabel snapped her fingers in his face to get his attention.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking of what to make for breakfast." He lied.

"I said you're free to go, but I won't be joining you." Isabel turned her back towards him, getting herself comfortable on the bed for another round of sleep.

"Oh no, you don't" Dylan carried a protesting Isabel bridal style and ran into the bathroom so they would shower.

"Turn it over like this... You're doing great, babe."

Dylan was teaching Isabel how to make pancakes, guiding her through the procedure and encouraging her every now and then.

"Is this good enough?" Isabel's eyes lit up as she placed a perfectly fried thin, flat, round cake on a plate.

"It's perfect, love... I'll take it from here." Dylan gave her a kiss on the shoulder in encouragement and guided her towards the island stool to sit while he does his thing.