Epilogue

Isabel's family refused to bury her body in the Pride pack because they feared that some unknown enemies could use the fragile humans and obtain information about the pack, making the pack vulnerable. So they contacted Daniel, the alpha of the Greenwood pack and asked if Isabel's body could be taken to the Greenwood pack. Daniel was eager to help, and Dylan was allowed to look at Isabel's body for the last time before she was flown to the Greenwood pack, because he wasn't going to be part of the burial ceremony. It was just going to be Paulina and Rodrigo present, inorder to avoid raising suspicion.

Even the members of the Pride pack were unaware of their alpha's demise. They were only informed about her injuries, and that she was slowly recuperating, so her mate was going to be in charge of the pack for as long as she desired. This was to enable Dylan gain a strong foothold in the pack and keep the other packs at bay.

Dylan, on his part, did an awesome job by showing the entire pack his lycan form, causing word to spread across the different packs that Isabel's mate was as strong as the alphas of the Pride pack.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. Months turned into a year, and before everyone's eyes, two years had gone by since the incident happened.

Dylan seated himself behind the desk in the study after returning from his usual morning run, staring into space for hours like he has been doing everyday for the past two years. He was dead to feelings and emotions, and avoided any form of contact with people. He only spoke to Xavi when it was necessary, since he couldn't avoid his own duty.

After the incident two years ago, Dylan couldn't bring himself to sleep in their bedroom because he kept seeing Isabel in the room, as that was the place where they spent most of their time together. So, he made the couch in the living room his bed and only goes into their bedroom when he wants to shower.

Being an alpha of the Pride pack wasn't an easy task. He always had to be on his toes, incase of imminent threat of rogue invasion or attack from rival packs. And also, he was expected to always keep a fierce expression, which personally wasn't in his nature, as he was a sociable person. All of this, and even more sacrifices he had to make to make sure he doesn't taint the image and reputation of the Pride pack.

Dylan was still lost in his own thoughts when suddenly he caught a whiff of an all too familiar scent that awakened his wolf, which had been resting after the morning run. He ignored the scent and concluded that he was imagining things, since this wasn't the first time he was feeling his mate's presence.

Isabel's ghost must be having a good time tormenting him, he thought to himself. His head jerked up when the scent became stronger.

The last time he experienced something like this was on his eighteenth birthday when he thought he perceived his mate. He thought back to his first encounter with Isabel and recalled that she acknowledged that she was indeed present on his birthday. So, this scent can only mean...

"I hate it when people get comfortable in my position." Isabel's breathtaking voice said from behind him, clearing his suspicion.

He swirled the chair around and came face to face with his beautiful mate. Her skin was smooth and spotless, free from any kind of cut or injury and perfectly tanned like the first time he saw her. Her black silken hair was neatly tied in her signature ponytail, while she gazed at him with her enchanting caramel orbs.

After recovering from his surprised and speechless state, Dylan stood in front of Isabel in a flash, holding onto her hands, hoping deep down that this time he wasn't seeing an imaginary Isabel.

"You're- this can't- you're supposed-"

"To be dead?" Isabel helped complete his sentence as he kept stuttering and stumbling over his words.