16

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just got out of the shower trying to think about what to do. On one hand, I don't think I'm capable of being luna and want Mason to move on, then I can be with Damian with no guilt. Then on the other hand I want to be with Mason and fulfill my role as luna, and prove to everyone I can do it. What if Damian finds his mate, what if I'm a terrible queen and people ask me to step down, what if I don't end up with either of them?

"You're being selfish." Rose chimes in. I scowl at her.

"I'm trying everything in my power not to be selfish." I move the towel across my body stepping out into the bedroom.

"No you're doing what is easy, and that's running." I freeze, I didn't think I was running. I thought I was protecting everyone, I don't want to ruin what they behaved built.

"You're protecting yourself. You can't fail if you don't try, but that makes you a coward." I sit on my bed thinking about what rose said, and she was right. I need to stop whatever is going on between me and Damian. My whole focus should be on becoming a great queen and leader. Rose started jumping around happy that she finally got through. I grab my phone and send a quick text to Damian telling him we need to talk. 

All of a sudden I hear banging on my door. I'm surprised he got here so fast. I jump to my feet trying to get clothes on.

'One second I have to put on some clothes." I yell. Before I could get to my closet my bedroom door swings open. Mason walks in slamming the door closed behind him. He starts walking farther into the room the smell of booze follows him. He stops right before he reaches me, eyeing me up and down. I pull the towel closer to my body.

"What are you doing here?" Wasn't he suppose to be on a date right now I thought.

"Why do you torture me, I never know what you're thinking or how you feel." He sighed running his hands through his hair and then continues. " I want to be with you forever and it hurts when you don't want the same thing ." I looked my eyebrows furrowed. He's been thinking about me this whole time? I haven't seen him in days. I slowly walk over to him.

"You're drunk Mason, lets's get you to bed." He puts his hands out in front of him stopping me and starts shaking his head.

"Why don't you love me?" His voice breaks and I can feel my heart shatter.

"You think this is easy for me? I can't be what you want me to be, and that kills me." I was being completely honest. I looked up at him as a tear I didn't know was there escaped my eye. I saw his face soften but I started talking before he could say anything.

"You need to get to bed, I'm going to text Alex," I say turning and wiping my tears away. I went to my bed and grabbed my phone. I texted Alex he needed to come to get his boyfriend ASAP. I felt Mason's hand on my shoulder turning me around. I had to find the strength to look up.

"When are you going to understand all I want is you? I would give up everything I have if it meant I get to be with you for the rest of my life." I didn't know what to say. My gaze fell to the ground. I was so sick and tired of holding myself back and telling myself I can't do things. Why can't I just be effortlessly happy? I can be. I look up and stand on my tippy toes and place a soft kiss on Mason's lips. The warming sensation I felt was electrifying, it took Mason a second to realize what was happening, but once he figured it out his arms wrapped around me. I pull away.

"I missed you." I lean into his chest and I can feel him let out a deep breath. Even though I saw him earlier that day, I just yelled at him before I left. I was upset that he was ignoring me and then when he did see me he disagreed with everything I said.

"I missed you too, more than you know." I smile at those words.

"Yea, but you didn't even ask me on a date. You gave me a ring and then dipped it. Kinda weird honestly." It was super weird, like who does that? I felt him chuckle.

"Yea you can thank Alex for that." He said slowly and slurring a little. I pull away and look at him.

"What does Alex have to do with this?" A smirk appears on his face as he shrugs.

"Alex said I was whipped. He said if I wanted you to like me I had to wait a few days to talk to you so that you would want me more." I stare at him in complete shock.

"So you thought ignoring me and dating other girls would win me over?" I question stepping back and crossing my arms around my chest.

"Uhhhhhh-" he was cut off by a knock at the door. In strolls Alex, he pauses mid-step and looks at me.

"Step up from granny panties but just short of naked. Don't worry you'll get there." Alex says gesturing to my towel. I roll my eyes and walk up to him punching him in the shoulder.

"Ouch, ok fine granny panties can be hot I guess." He mutters rubbing his arm.

"You told Mason to ignore me for days and go out with other girls to make me jealous and want him more?" I ask. Alex's mouth dropped to the floor as he slowly turned his head to look at Mason.

"You ratted me out?!" Alex shrieked. I turn around to see Alex had his bottom lip poking out and puppy dog eyes.

"I didn't know it was a secret," Mason said sweetly rocking back and forth. Alex just nodded his head.

"Ok, a secret for a secret. Remember that three-day trip Mason had to go on? He went to your house to meet your parents." My head snapped to Mason. His face was white as a ghost and his eyes were big. I didn't care that he went, but that's something I wanted to do together. Why would he keep that a secret from me? Was he in my room?

"What?!" I yell. Mason ran out of the room and Alex waved goodbye before following him out with a smug look on his face. This was a huge invasion of privacy. I always thought about how I would introduce my mate to my parents, and now ill never get to. A wave of sadness washes over me. I drag myself over to my bed and will myself to go to sleep