Chapter 1: The Beginning

Amari's POV

Amari's POV

I shivered in excitement I stared outside the plane window, which showcased the beautiful coastline of the Mediterranean Sea at night. I couldn't believe my dreams finally came true and that I was actually about to land in Italy, my dream destination spot. I would be living here for a couple of months or longer if I so choose to.

"Hello, this is your captain speaking. We will be landing shortly so please prepare the cabin. Thank you for joining our flight crew and I hope you enjoy your visit." The captain spoke over the intercom.

Shortly after, we landed. I went through customs and baggage claim before I finally hailed myself a taxi to the cute little apartment I'd be staying at while I lived here.

The apartment

I spoke the little bit of Italian I knew to the driver and paid him, before hailing my suitcase up to what would be my home for the next couple of months

I spoke the little bit of Italian I knew to the driver and paid him, before hailing my suitcase up to what would be my home for the next couple of months. Once inside, I locked the doors and smiled proudly to myself. I had finally achieved one of my goals. A year ago this seemed impossible as I tended to my sickly father's bedside back in New York City. I didn't really have any other family besides my deceased father. My mother left at birth saying I was too much of a burden to her new relationships.

It hurt knowing I wasn't wanted. But, eventually I realized I can't be too sad over something I never had. I lived l ever since to the fullest with my loving father until his very last breathe. I smiled to myself knowingly that he'd be very proud. His last wish was for me to not wallow in my grief yet to live a life worth living. I saved up every penny I could and now I'm here.

My new apartment was kind of small, but not as small as my little studio apartment back at New York. It was the perfect size for one person and with the right decorations it would match me perfectly.

After scanning over the place, I quickly started to unpack my suitcase and hanged my clothes in my new wooden wardrobe. I set up some of the painting supplies— canvas, paint brushes, and paint— I brought. Everything else would have to be bought while here. There's only so much you can bring in a suitcase. I would also need to look for a job while here as I had only so much money to live off of. I think I'll check out the beautiful restaurant I saw on the drive here.