Chapter 20: Night Out With The Boys

A/N: I honestly could not think of a name for this chapter... please do leave suggestions! Also, I changed the cover of the story... what do you guys think?? Should I go back to the original or keep this new one?

 what do you guys think?? Should I go back to the original or keep this new one?

Armani's POV

We finally arrived at the family ran Italian restaurant and walked inside with the excited kiddos following behind. I held both cheery kids in each of my hands, walking ahead of the seemingly silent Antonio. The restaurant had exposed red brick walls and arches with overgrown green vinery and flowers. Each table had around four chairs and was covered with black and white checkered tablecloths and napkin holders and condiments. The orange-yellowish ambiance of the restaurant came from the over-hanging lamps on the wall that gave way to the restaurant's overall dim and romantic vibes.

The Restaurant

The gorgeous hostess with gigantic bronze curls and freckles directed us in Italian toward our table and left us with some thick plastic menus

The gorgeous hostess with gigantic bronze curls and freckles directed us in Italian toward our table and left us with some thick plastic menus. I helped both of the boys into their respective seats and pushed them in. Antonio leaned down to pull my chair out for me, which made me scoff but secretly inside I was smiling. He sat down across from me at the candlelit table.

I felt his hardened stare linger on me while I forced all my attention toward the hardly viewable, glossy menu and decided what I wanted to eat. I could hardly make out most of the menu items as my Italian still isn't the strongest--I'm working on it! My stomach grumbled as I struggled, but I refused to ask for help.

"Tesoro, do you need me to order for you?" He spoke softly, breaking the tension.

Immediately, I shook my head, continuing to be stubborn. After all, being petty is what I do best. I noticed him sigh and shake his head, before returning to look at the menu from my peripheral view.

I continued to flip back and forth on the menu, finally deciding to just point to a random item under the--I think pasta category-- and hope for the best. After deciding what I was going to order, I turned my attention to the little cute boys on either side of me. They were busy drawing on the white paper cloth with the box of crayons the hostess provided them. I asked for one of the twins to share one of their crayons with me, so I could draw to pass the time.