Chapter 5 - Immediate Evacuation...

Mark Davis's  P

Mark Davis's P.O.V.

"How's the refugee's Secretary?" I asked with a worried look while looking at my Secretary as Cynthia sat beside me, whilst also comforting me.

Secretary Santiago let out a sigh, worrying me even more about the people from the town.

"They are relatively fine Mr. President, they suffered almost no damages on the way here and fortunately they didn't suffer any casualties evacuating out," he said to me.

Me and Cynthia let out a sigh of relief, at least the refugees are safe from any harm as long as they are under the protection of the Aether Empire. But it still doesn't ease the fact that we might be the next target of those Lizardmen. 

However, we talked about it with PEPE, Cynthia, and the other staff to discuss about the threat that we are experiencing, many of the people in the City Hall were angry to hear that humanity in this world is facing extinction, so it's up to us to protect them and eradicate the scum that threatens humanity.

The army has been mobilized and I summoned more Infantry Divisions and a few Tank Divisions to help deter the enemy with our superior firepower. I have yet to place down an Air Force and the Navy but I don't want to rush things, maybe in the next week or so I'll place down more military assets to protect the Empire.

"Sir, we are going live in 10 minutes," An electrician from the first ever official Presidential News Outlet to be conducted inside my office. To address the city and the other establishments all across the Empire for the situation that we might face in the future.

If some of you are confused about what's going on, let me recap a bit of what happened. 

5 hours ago, me and Cynthia were just minding our own business in the office, just finishing some paperwork from the departments proposing to us for the future of the country. 

The city was flourishing with activity for a week and already we are making money from taxes and other things that makes us money, for a week we made 200k earnings from our industry and 100k from taxes, which makes us happy that our city is doing great and thanks to the bonus we got from the UAE, we get 30% more earnings than usual. So probably we earned at least 390k or more last week.