Chapter 11 - Target Practice...

3rd P

3rd P.O.V.

"Alright, we've received orders from High Command."

Inside the command center of FOB Jupiter, dozens of officers from different platoons around the base are currently inside the debriefing room. Some were seated on the chairs while others stood around in the room, waiting for news from Commander Cole, the current commander of this FOB.

The officers looked at the commander as a projection displayed their AO by his side, friendly units are colored in blue while the enemy is represented as red diamonds. The projection also shows the surrounding area, being displayed as flat terrain accompanied by small hills scattered about northwest of the AO, alongside their base shown on the projection.

"High Command has ordered us to attack any remaining OPFOR units in the area, most which is currently west of our position," he said, pointing at the representing enemy units in the west, "The forces we've defeated are retreating back in disarray, recon have spotted some of them joining forces out west but the majority of them has fled from AO," pointing at the retreating OPFOR units.

"Huh, that seems way too easy, doesn't it, Cole?" One of the officers asked him, "Just let our artillery and mortars handle those lizardmen, our birds will clean up any stragglers deciding to stay behind."

"That's the gist, we use our paladin and mortars to drive them off, we'll send off the birds if they are a bit persistent but hopefully, that'll be enough to make them retreat out of the area."

"Maybe we can use that 'type' of ammunition for our paladins, I think they'll be perfect for this kind of occasion," one of the officers suggested, earning himself a wave of agreement from his peers.

"Sir, if we manage to drive them off, what shall we do with the wounded and survivors from the engagements? Surely we can take them as prisoners and interrogate them, possibly earning info?"

"I've already ordered our trucks to be on standby. If we do acquire wounded combatants after this, the trucks will be sent in once they finish clearing up from our earlier engagement. Of course, they'll be escorted with humvees and MRAPs for protection, in case those downed lizardmen are persistent in dying." Commander Cole said.