Chapter 9 - The Defence of FOB Jupiter (Part 2)

3rd P

3rd P.O.V.

"CAN WE SHOOT NOW?!"

"NOT YET!"

It's been a few minutes since the littlebirds have used up all of their ammo on the Lizardmen, while with the combined firepower from the artillery and the birds, the Lizardmen still outnumbered them. Killing more than a hundred Lizardmen from the artillery, in addition to the littlebirds kills, was not enough.

Right now, the battered but still numerous Lizardmen rushed towards the FOB with the intent to kill Humanity with their weapons. Despite facing the attack of both artillery and helicopters, they still have the advantage of numbers at their disposal, plus they have 300 more soldiers on the West side of the Aether FOB.

The now-readied and armed Aether soldiers aimed their guns at the running Lizardmen coming toward them, ranging from rifles to machineguns, as well as snipers on the towers to pick off any high-ranking or softening the enemy advance.

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

The sounds of sniper rifles doing work to the enemy Lizardmen from the watch towers, picking off soldiers one by one. Their main targets are the taller Lizardmen as they thought that they could be high-ranking officers or just juggernauts that will bust through the sandbags and cause havoc inside of the FOB.

While the snipers do their best to shoot as many Lizardmen as they can, they can only make a dent in the horde. But they are doing their best to shoot as many high-valued targets as many as possible.

Aether soldiers steeled themselves as they see the approaching Lizardmen sprinting toward them in full force. Then the main gun of the Bradleys suddenly opened fired, its 25mm cannon was devastating for infantry.

Dozens of Lizardmen soldiers lie dead on the grass from the wrath of the Bradleys. Dismembered bodies of Lizardmen littered the battlefield, heads missing with brain matter scattered on the grass, limbs torn apart from their body, screaming in pain as their arms or legs gets separated.

But yet, despite the horrors they face, they still pressed on, completely ignoring their comrades wailing for help on the ground. They maintained their speed and still ran towards the already prepared defenses. Thanks to their speed and agility, they can pretty much bolt across the plains at record speeds that no human can achieve, thus they are closing in fast than the Aethers has anticipated.

As they get closer to the human base, they noticed that it was lightly defended with only small walls of sand and tall but few towers, they also noticed that the humans were equipped with black metal rods and pointing at them, and wore no armor at all.

Despite their metal beasts on the ground and their flying small dragon killing them from afar, they can just swarm them and take their metal beasts as their prized war trophies as they kill the humans inside their small base.