Chapter 8 - The Defence of FOB Jupiter (Part 1)...

3rd P

3rd P.O.V.

It was supposed to be a normal day for the garrison of FOB Jupiter. Doing their normal activities as usual, like maintaining the vehicles inside while also surveying the horizon from future attacks. Or occasionally sending out some recon units to scour the area for any potential places for future expansion.

But all of that changed when one of the guards on the tower to the northwest, spotted enemy movement on the hill about 4000 yards away. This triggered the alarm for battle preparedness as they could be scouting the base, meaning that they may attack the base sooner than later.

It's been minutes since the report was told, and by now the whole base is prepared for the incoming possible attack from the Lizardmen. With their speed and coordination, they managed to get almost everyone on the sandbag walls to act as leverage for shooting the enemy while also protecting them from any arrow volley.

For while they wait for them to attack, preparing their rifles as they point in the general direction where the guard said where the scouts were spotted minutes ago. But it's been a few minutes now, and they haven't even gone up the hill yet, meaning they are likely planning something below it.

Anxious about it, command ordered to deploy a recon drone to look behind the hill, not risking sending his men and vehicles that might be a trap behind it.

After the drone was prep'd and ready to deploy, it was launched into the sky. The drone they used for this recon was an RQ-7 Shadow, a lightweight drone and a common type of drone that can be found on American bases. 

Once the drone was in the air, the drone started moving towards the hill where the scouts were last spotted before disappearing back from the hill. 

Upon arriving at the hill, they were presented that completely caught them off guard.

Hundreds of Lizardmen waited behind the hill, seemingly preparing for an all-out assault on the FOB, they can clearly see Lizardmen soldiers brandishing their weapons ranging from swords to axes. They can also see that they are bigger Lizardmen presented in the area, they wear tribal clothing as well carrying much bigger weapons than the normal infantry.

Command theorized that these big Lizardmen may be the commanders or leaders of the attacking force, their theory was correct when they see a slightly bigger Lizardman wearing more skulls of humans on its neck and having more tattoos than the others.

Based on their perspective from the screen, the normal Lizardmen have a height ranging from 5'6 to 5'8 tall. The big ones, which are designated as commanders, have a height of 6 or 6'3 tall and are buffer than them. The next one was designated as the leader of the attacking force, from what they could tell, the leader is slightly taller, like 6'4 tall, but has a lot more muscle than the commanders.

But that's not the only thing they are scared of, the fact that they are hundreds of them, but what the video feed shows, they could be at least a thousand of them, severely outnumbering the FOB garrison. What's worse is that they are also setting up some catapults from behind the hill, which will damage their infrastructure and vehicles, but they can injure their soldiers or worse, outright kill them.