\EIGHT\

I stand up quickly, "What do you mean 'I've done it? Did I move..."

My question was answered before I even finished it. Mr. Davis nods quickly in excitement, smiling widely.

"Yes, indeed, my son, you moved the object," He shakes his head in shock. "I just can't believe you did it, that too on your first attempt. I couldn't be more sure and positive that you are going to prove the world wrong, something I couldn't do for God knows how long."

I take slow steps towards Mr. Davis. I look at him then look at the object, it indeed budged to the right by approximately 10 inches, I then looked back at Mr. Davis.

"I can't believe it either, Sir. I can't believe a poor and helpless man like me could do such a thing, Something so great." I give a small smile.

"Oh, but you did, Edward. When you were struggling to move the object, about to give up any second and I didn't allow you to, I saw it. I saw that in that very moment it moved." He says, smiling.

I run a hand through my hair, "But what does this mean? What do we do next?"

Mr. Davis puts a hand on my shoulder and pats it, "Practice. Practice as much as you can. The thing is, you infact did move the object but you aren't trained enough to go into another period of time just yet."

"Okay so when do we start?" I ask.

"From tomorrow. So take all the rest you need, we have a big day tomorrow." He gives me a half smile.

I hug him, "Thank you."

He returns the hug and looks back at me, "Sleep well, son."

And just like that he leaves the room.

This can't be possible. I.. I did it?

I look at the ceiling and smile to myself,
"You've got this, Ed." A voice in my head said. Evie's voice. Comforting me, encouraging me, just like she always used to.

-

The next day when I awoke in the morning, we got straight to business.

I practiced how to move objects again but this time with a more heavier object.

Then I practiced how to do it with a larger object.

I kept failing to move it with the heavier object but as usual, but Mr. Davis insisted I try again and again.

He told me to rest and said that we'd continue the next day.

Well the next day was no better. Infact I did a lot worse than the day before. I kept practicing and practicing and failing and failing.

"I can't do this, Mr. Davis," I shake my head sitting on the floor, "I really can't. The ability you saw in me was not true. You have to find someone else for this, someone worthy of working with you. Someone-"

"Edward, no. You can do this, my son. You are the person I saw the ability in and you are the person who will work with me. You can do this. Alright?" He nods his head.

I take a steady breath and nod, "Okay." I stand back up and continue practicing.

3 weeks later...

It had taken me almost a month to practice moving the objects, the heavy ones, the larger ones or the tiny ones. Each and every kind of object took me time but I finally succeeded in doing so.

My focusing skills had gotten way better. I could finally move objects through meditation and Mr. Davis couldn't be more excited and thrilled for me.

And I couldn't be more grateful for him being there for me, helping me and encouraging me through every step of the way.

Even though I had gotten used to Mr. Davis's home. I really did miss my own home.

That's why I'd go every few days back to my home, to check up on my flock of sheep and stay there for a day or two.

And when I wasn't there and no one would be there to look after my flock of sheep. I'd ask Jasper, my neighbor to attend to them as I was away for some "important work."

Well, to be honest, I was doing something quite important but he didn't have to know what kind of important work is it.

"Now Edward, now that you have learnt how to move objects through meditation. I'm going to teach you how to bring the objects back to their original place." Mr. Davis says, looking through a file.

"But how is bringing things back to it's place going to help me in teleporting?" I was so confused.

"You see, you can't teleport to another period of time unless you know how to get out of the era you're in and come back to the the current time," He tells me.

"Because if you don't know how to come back, you're going to get stuck in that particular time forever." He alerts me.

A cold sweat breaks through me.

"F-Forever?" I stutter.

"I know, it's terrifying to think about or to even be in that situation. But if you practice enough and do it correctly, there's absolutely nothing to worry about." He states.

I nod.

"Alright, Edward, first things first, to bring back the object to it's position you'll need to move it first. So, go ahead, the object is placed there," He points to the floor. "Move it. Since I taught you so well and you practiced quite well for this, this shouldn't be hard at all."

I wipe my hands with my trousers.

"Alright, then."

I do everything he taught me.

I sit on the pillow placed on the floor, cross my legs, rest my hands on my knees, relax my arms and shoulders but kept my spine straight.

"Meditation isn't merely about length but it's about the frequency."

I remember Mr. Davis's words from our first class.

I closed my eyes and started to move the object, focusing on nothing else but the object.

"Okay, Edward, good job, you moved the object but don't open your eyes just yet," He tells me. "Keep it closed. Now try thinking of it back in it's original place and if you focus hard enough you can bring it back."

And then it happens, the same stabbing and terrible pain I had when I entered Mr. Davis's home for the very first time, hit me in the head like a bullet.

And just like that day, before I knew it, my head hit the ground and I passed out.

A/N: Helloo everyone! Sorry for not posting lately! I had been a little busy with life but I'm back and I'll try my best to update more often! Hope you all are doing well and hope all of you like this chapter, if you do, make sure to vote, comment and share! See ya.