\SIXTEEN\

New Jersey, the northeastern US state. Also known as The Garden State.

At present that was where I was standing.

This is the place I was assigned to go to for my next project.

I had teleported 10 years into the future

I still found it very hard to believe that Mr. Davis trusted me with another mission.

Yes, I completed my first mission successfully but to think I'd be assigned with another project so soon..

I didn't know what to think, but all I knew was that Mr. Davis gave me this project knowing I wouldn't let him down.

I wouldn't, I couldn't. No, not after him having placed his trust on me.

"I trust you and I believe in you, my son. I know you're going to make me proud, make me joyful just like you did before. So don't stress, don't worry, not even a bit. You can do this, Edward. I know you can. You're a strong man." He said, his hand on my shoulder.

"Mr. Davis, you always astound me to silence with your words. It's only because of you, that I'm going on my second mission so soon. If you hadn't been a good teacher, I probably wouldn't even have learnt how to teleport." I smile.

"Oh stop it," He waves me off, laughing. "Now go, go make me proud."

A shoulder hitting mine brings me out of my thoughts.

"Watch where you're going." The man says.

"I apologize." I say.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes and continues walking.

Well, that was rude.

I made my way through the busy city.

I kept bumping into other people since it was so crowded.

The sun was shining brightly.

It was so hot that that that the waves of heat rose off the pavement like flames above a roof.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my sleeve.

"Ask someone the way to Menlo Park."

I remembered what Mr. Davis had told me.

I stopped and asked a woman.

"Hi Miss, do you know the way to The Menlo Park?"

"Sure do. Keep walking and you'll see a left right over there," She brings her hand forward to show me the left. "then, after turning left, keep going straight and after doing so, you should be able to get to your destination in about 5 minutes or so."

"Alright, thank you."

She smiles and nods.

I follow her directions and within 15 minutes or so, I had reached The Menlo Park.

And just as Mr. Davis had said, Thomas's labatory was just around the corner.

To my right, to be precise.

I slowly open the door to the labatory, nervous of the thought that maybe Thomas wouldn't want to listen to any of my talk.

As soon as I lifted up my head, I saw the interior of the labatory.

It was huge. Bigger than I had expected it to be.

I looked around, it was empty. There was no one around.

Nothing but silence accompanied me.

I didn't know what to do.

Whether to wait, to go, to ask someone when Thomas would get here.