\THIRTEEN\

"You got this, my son. C'mon, you can do this!" Mr. Davis encourages me.

I looked at him and smiled, nodding whilst sitting down on the ground.

I began the process of teleporting and..

I open my eyes, there I was.

I looked around, I knew for sure I was three years ahead in the future because I didn't spot Mr. Davis anywhere.

I stand up and go down the pathway in the forest leading towards the city.

There was now a road made in the forest.

I was in the city within 10 minutes or so.

I repeated everything again.

Looked for any phone like station, asked a few people if they'd heard of Alexander's invention and checked newspapers for any news of Alexander's project.

But again I went back to the forest, with no hope, no good news, disappointed, mad at myself.

And teleported back to the current time.

I slowly open my eyes, trying to prevent it from the blazing sun.

My eyes look for Mr. Davis, I see him, rushing to me.

My breathing becomes quicker.

"Son, are you alright?" He helps me stand up, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nod, "I'm fine. I'm alright."

But it didn't feel like I was reassuring Mr. Davis, telling him I'm alright.

It felt like I was reassuring myself.

"We can take a break if you'd like. There's no rush."

I shook my head, "No, Mr. Davis, I want to do this right now."

His eyes held concern for me, "I don't want to burden you."

"You're not. Don't think that, please. I want to do this, I have to."

He nods, giving me a small smile.

"Okay, any kind of luck?" He asks me, hope in his eyes.

"No," I tell him sadly. "I couldn't find a single thing. Looks like his project hasn't gone out in the open."

"Hmm. That means you'll have to go even more further into the future." He says, pushing his hair back.

"How many years ahead?"

"Six years. You have to go six years ahead in the future now. You think you can do that?" He asks me.

"Sure can." I nod with confidence.

And just like that, as fast as a dog can trot, I was six years ahead

I stand up and see that everything looked so different. In the place of the trees in front of me, there were houses built.

Kind of like a neighborhood.

I saw a man walking out of one of the houses and ask him what I had to ask him, what I had come here for.

"Does the name 'Alexander Graham Bell' ring a bell?" I ask him.

Trying my best not to sound stupid.

"Erm, no, never heard of that name before, pal." He says, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion at how random my question was.

"Alright," The man starts to walk away when another question pops into my head, "Excuse me,, I had to ask you something else as well.."

I described the invention to him, not giving too many details. Just a little so that he'd understand what I'm trying to say.