⋆ Chapter 20 ⋆

XX. • °

The stressful week was slowly coming to an end. Nadia and Tessa really drained themselves out, I can tell they weren't used to studying all night like I do. Tessa told me she never studied, I wasn't really surprised but I wondered how she did so well in all of her classes.

Then I remembered Nadia and her mentioning that her dad is well-connected with those in the school. Her being naturally well in Physics with no studying...well who would have guessed?

Nadia on the other hand, she was telling me how the male teachers always cut her some slack and I'm assuming that had a lot to do with Doria. Her dad was never around so Doria had to be engaged with her daughter's schooling, or else who would?

Besides studying and being overloaded with stress, I was kind of starting to get some sleep. Better than I was at my shitty apartment. There would still be nights when I couldn't sleep... but when I did, I had no nightmares.

The nightmares were beginning to become a distant memory and a fog as I didn't think about them or the past. I was starting to let go, I was trying not to feel, not to hurt. Maybe the problem all along was me just being cramped up with only my dad and I, then left feeling sorry for myself and him.

Or maybe it's because I'm not so alone anymore. I still feel lost at times and that dreadful feeling... it's always with me. But being with Tessa and Nadia has been helping me cope and I've been trying to push myself. I just hope that I can someday get to a place where...I can finally feel like I can breathe.

Today was Friday and I had work today and I know I had Andrea to work with. But on the bright side, with it being Friday it meant no tests today and that everything was done. The only thing that remained was our tests waiting to be graded.

I would assume a lot of my teachers maybe wanted to get a handle on things before their desks were overloaded with shit loads of tests, so maybe I would be finding out how I did on at least a couple of my tests today.

I was already up out of bed, and for once I let Nadia and Tessa sleep in.

Okay... not really, we had a late start today so there was no need for me to wake them up at five or six this morning. School was starting at 9:30 am, I'm not sure how that was happening but Kobe said we had some dude named Tim to thank.

I was in the kitchen making some breakfast, a healthier breakfast actually. Since we had been through a stressful week I wanted to make a breakfast full of protein. I was making poached eggs for the three of us to top them on some toast with avocado. I also wanted some fruit this morning.

I looked in the cabinet and grabbed a pot, I turned the stove on and got a big cup to fill it up with water. I poured the water into the pot so that it could boil.

I went over to the fridge and found some kiwis, strawberries, and blueberries. "Perfect," I say grabbing them out and setting them on the counter. I looked in the cabinets for a slightly bigger bowl to put them into. I reached up as far as I could, but couldn't go any higher due to my short arms. I managed to get a bowl that would do.

I put the bowl down and sat the fruit inside, I went over to the faucet rinsed the fruit, and drained the water from the bowl. By this time the toaster had pushed up the toast so I knew it was ready. I grabbed the toast, grabbed some plates, and placed each toast down. I grabbed the avocado spread that was already placed on the island and a butter knife. I began to spread the avocado on all the toast.

I then went back into the fridge and grabbed some eggs, when the water was done boiling, I placed each egg into the pot. Letting it boil until the egg was to my liking, I grabbed each plate and put each egg on the toast that I had made.