* Chapter 35 *

XXXV. • °

"Mom, can we stop at McDonald's before going to the mall?" Nadia asked from the passenger seat in front of me.

Doria sighed, "Nadia, do you know how bad that stuff is for your body? And you've been eating a lot of unhealthy food."

"I have not, I've just been having a lot of cravings lately."

"I see."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing sweetie, it's just your...putting on a couple of pounds lately maybe you should lay off the fast food. Especially since we're going on the trip today."

Nadia gasped, "Mom."

"Don't take it personally, we can still go to McDonald's before the mall okay? Also, Kobe's Uncle's resort is in Panama City Beach right?"

"Uh, yeah that's where he said."

"Okay, and did you ask him last night if I could speak to his uncle? It's important we get things in place before we drive all the way out there."

"Yeah, I did he was supposed to give me a call but knowing Kobe he passed out somewhere or was with some girl."

Doria sighed, "figures."

"But don't worry mom, he said he talked to his uncle before even planning it so everything should go as planned."

"Yeah, and Kobe planning it is what makes me worried," Tessa said beside me.

"Didn't you say it was a good idea?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but good ideas don't always come from smart people."

"But you said that-"

"Anyways food, I'm hungry." She says as we pull into the McDonald's parking lot and into the drive-through.

"What do you guys want from here?" Doria asked.

"Uh I want a-"

"Goodmorning,welcome to McDonald's what can I get for you?" A female voice asked from the intercom.

Tessa rolled down her window, "Hey, can I get an iced caramel macchiato?"

"Yes ma'am anything else for you today?"

"Tell her I want a medium Americano and fruit and maple oatmeal please." Doria said back to Tessa.

"Can I also get a medium Americano with fruit and maple oatmeal?" Tessa repeated into the intercom.

"Alright, anything else for you?"

"Tess tell her I want a caramel Frappuccino but without the whip cream," Nadia said to Tessa.

"What am I the one taking orders here too?"

"Just tell her please."

Tessa turned back to the window letting out a sigh, "Also can I get a Caramel Frappuccino without whipped cream?

"Okay, would that be all?"

Tessa turned to look at me waiting for an answer," you want anything?"

"I'll just take a sausage burrito please."

"And let me get a sausage burrito, that will be all."

Doria pulled away from the intercom and began going to the window.

"I so could not work in fast food," Tessa said putting back on her seatbelt.

"Well I think you did pretty good," Doria said back to her.