Chapter # 15

A little late to say this but here's the Bat family's ages.

Damien: 17

Tim: 20

Jason:  26

Dick:  27

Bruce: 43

__

It was early morning, and you were sitting in the dining room eating your fruit-loops with strawberry milk.  While eating you start thinking back to your world. You wonder how long you've been gone from your world. 

Days?

Weeks?

Months?

It had only been a month since you've entered this world but was it possible that time worked differently in this your then in yours. If you were to go back how much or how little have things change. 

Depending on the answer... you were either fired from you Starbucks job and piled thigh high in schoolwork, or completely fine. And God forbid you be in a goddamn coma in some random hospital, you don't have the health insurance to deal with that.

You slowly start to sink in a puddle of despair thinking about your situation in your world, and how fucked you possibly were until you felt a hand on your shoulder. 

Turning around you see Bruce smiling down at you. "Hello Y/n. What are thinking about?" He asks as he takes a seat next you. You sigh, putting you spoon into the bowl of cereal then slumping down into your chair.

"The fact that I might possibly be jobless, homeless, and broke once I return to my world." He frowns when you say this. "Now that I think about it, I don't know anything about your 'life' Y/n" he says. "If you're comfortable, could you share?"

"Sure," You say, "It's a pretty bland life though. I come from a working-class family, loving parents who raised me well."  You take a breath before continuing.

 "I'm currently going to college in a different city then the one my parents live in, and the college doesn't offer dorms so I have to pay for a shitty apartment and work at a Starbucks so I can pay for my shitty apartment and save some money to pay off student loans." 

Bruce frowns. "That... that sounds miserable. How old were you when you got hit by the truck?" You give him a look, not liking how he describes your life as miserable. You were clearly not miserable if you wanted to return home. Maybe it's because he's rich.

"I was nineteen. I just started my college year, got out of high school just a year ago." You tell him, his mood only gets more depressed.

"So, in other words, you were around Damien's age when you died."

__

After the very uncomfortable talk with Bruce, you head up to your room to think. Sadly, Dick found you before you could. "Y/n!" You here Dick calls for you. Once he reaches you, he picks you up and cradles you like a newborn child.

You struggle, not liking how degrading this was feeling. "Let me goooo!" You whine. Thinking back to it, Dick's strange behavior (along with Bruce's) have only gotten worse. Dick went from just being really clingy to constantly hovering over you, treating you like a toddler. 

Bruce was strange to; he went from mentioning you being adopted int the family if you can't get home, to constantly trying to tell you that your old life must have miserable. You're starting to think he's trying to gaslight you.

"Aww," Dick coo's as you struggle to get out of his arms, "You're so adorable, come on big brother just wants a hug." 

God, it felt almost violating to be treated like a literal child.