💫5💫R€HMÁÑ'$ ₱LÁÑ💫

As we entered the company, the receptionist of 1st floor greeted us

As we entered the company, the receptionist of 1st floor greeted us. "Good Morning Mam. Good Morning Sir" I saw Sofia's furrowed eyebrows seeing Zay. The employees here don't know Zay as the most of them are new. Only the old employees or the board members of the company know Zay.

We both nodded at her and made our way to elevator. Sofia is still furrowing but didn't even blink seeing Zay. Now it's my turn to furrow my eyebrows in irritation.

Surely He is handsome but he is only my eye candy. Only I have the right to look at him like that. "Back to work" My stern Voice snapped her out of her trance. She mumbled a small sorry.

We took the private elevator which is only used by me and Taya jaan and from today's onward Zay too. I pressed the 88th floor button to Taya Jaan's office.

The elevator ride was in silence as he took his phone out. I too decided to scroll through my phone. I switched on my phone just to realize it was on airplane mode. I totally forgot to off the airplane mode yesterday.

I switched off the mode and as I did the notifications sounds filled the elevator. Notifications flooded my phone. I don't know why i was embarrassed but I was. Till now he didn't even passed me a single glance.

From the corner of my eyes i saw him still using his phone un-bothered. Why I was embarrassed? He just don't care about anything related to me.

As the elevator stopped at the 88th floor, I was the first one to step out with him following me. Receptionist of 88th floor is Ahmed, a high school student and my good friend also.

As soon as he saw me he greeted with a big smile "Good Morning Hayat" and soon he furrowned looking behind me. "Good Morning Ahmed. Will talk to you later, I am in hurry right now"

"Sure! Good Morning Sir" He greeted Zay and as usual I know he must have nodded his head, I didn't turned towards them, i was literally running towards the office.

In elevator i remembered Taya Jaan's meeting and the file is with me even the USB of presentation is with me.

I knocked on the door, with permission I entered the Taya Jaan's office. "Aslam-O-Alaikum Taya Jaan"

"Wa-Alaikum-Aslam Jaan. Did you came running"? He asked teasingly as he was reading some documents.

"Of course! I just remembered your meeting, the file and USB were with me" I replied in a duh tone.

"Don't worry meeting canceled, take a seat and drink water" He said offering me the glass of water.

Ya Allah! Tera shukr.

I took sigh of relief and sat down taking the glass of water from him.

"Where is Zaid"? I was going to reply him when Zay strolled in leisurely.

"There you are boy. Take a seat" He sat on the other Sofa Infront of me. Why do he always sit Infront of me.
I nervously gulped the water slowly.

"Zaid your office is not ready yet as I thought you would take rest for some days but you decided to come the very next day, Later tell Jaan the interior design you wanted for your office" He was looking at the scenery outside and replied "okay"

Taya Jaan continued "Each and every work detail will be given to you by Jaan as she is my P.A. Today I have some back to back meetings so I am not free. Jaan will be with you whole day any questions or doubts you can ask Jaan if any other thing, you can come to me directly. Is that Clear"? Taya jaan asked Zay and he nodded his head and uttered "Yes!" I rolled my eyes at his one word answers.

Why do I have to stay with him whole day? Dear Hayat! He is going to take over the company in two months surely he will be around. I mentally face palmed myself.

"Jaan give Zaid a round of whole company to familiarise himself with others. Now you both may leave" Saying this Taya Jaan again started to read his documents. Why do I feel there is something going on in between?

Maybe I am being too skeptical.

I stood up and made my way out with Zay following me. "Don't tell anyone my identity" Came Zay's stern and authoritive voice from behind. I turned to see him looking at me intensely. His Pool of eyes are boring in my soul. I too held his gaze as always. Seconds seems like minutes, minutes seems like hours. I don't know for how long we drowned ourselves in eachother eyes in pure silence.

He was the first to avert his eyes. Why can't I just read his eyes? Why do they seem blank and lifeless? This was not my Zay, His personality was the same but he was a total different person with me. He was not like this at least not with me.

"Okay" I replied to him still not averting my eyes from his face. Without looking at me he walked passed me to the elevator.

I followed after him quitely. "You going early today?you came minutes ago" I heard Ahmed asking me.

"Just going to the other floors" as I completed my foot buckled up with other, I closed my eyes in horror as I was very sure to kiss the ground soon but i felt two rough yet warm hands swapped around my waist holding me in air.

A cold shiver rustled through my spine immediately as his hands touched my clothed waist.

How can I ever mistake his touch, the second he touched me, I knew it was him.

I slowly opened my eyes just to see his cold eyes staring in my soul. He was angry I can clearly see it in his eyes. He slowly make me stand on my feet properly but as my foot touched the ground a painful moan left my mouth "Ahh".

I immediately gasped his arm again which I have left some seconds ago. My ankle is surely sprained.

"Are you okay Hayat" Came Ahmed's worried voice. As I was looking at Zay I saw his change in expression at Ahmed's voice, He instantly passed Ahmed his death glare.

 As I was looking at Zay I saw his change in expression at Ahmed's voice, He instantly passed Ahmed his death glare