Chapter 20

Alice and Vlad never discussed their kiss during the driving lesson; haven't gotten alone time to do so; even with the walkie-talkies. Alice was now on the phone with Maxine, their movie plans were getting canceled due to Maxine having food poisoning. Chloe was in the kitchen reading a psychology book. 

"Feel better," Alice wished. "We'll reschedule for a different day and perhaps a different movie if we see something different we want to see." She then hung up the phone as Dad stormed up the stairs. "What's up with him?"

"Sat on a skull that Robin left on the couch," Paul answered. 

"That and Robin's latest school report," Ian began. "This is going to be awesome!" Ian and Paul high-five as the doorbell went off.

"Alice!" Mum called from upstairs. "Can you get that?" Alice went and opened the door as Dad started to yell at Robin; she saw Vlad.

"Not a good time?" Vlad asked as he glanced up the stairs.

"Robin sure is in for it," Chloe said as she went upstairs with Ian and Paul.

"Oh poo," Vlad groaned; Alice looked back as more yelling continued.

"Hey, how about we go to the movies?" Alice suggested as she looked back at Vlad. "I could really...be out of the house."

"And I out of mine," Vlad agreed, Alice grabbed some money and left a note before heading out with Vlad. During the walk, there was an awkward silence. They sat together awkwardly waiting for the movie to start. "Alice...about that kiss." 

Alice looked at him. "Practice."

"Practice?" Vlad asked in confusion. "To kiss someone else?"

"We have a marriage deal,  practice when kissing you," Alice answered. 

"Right," Vlad nodded his head. "Practice."

"We do have kid names picked out," Alice reminded him. "Looking at abandoned cottages...just thought to add something new."

Vlad looked at her. "Good idea...we should practice that a bit more." Both of them turned away blushing; they looked back at each other and started to laugh.

"Have you told Robin?" Alice asked.

"No," Vlad quickly answered. "Kissing my best friend's twin sister is going to get me staked." Alice laughed more. "Due to your question, I'm guessing you haven't told Robin either."

"Oh no," Alice denied. "Robin will lock me in a tower for the rest of my life." This time Vlad laughed more. Alice and Vlad went to the photo booth, thought to get use out of it before Vlad no longer had a reflection.

***
A new day came, Alice was sitting at the table drinking coffee as Dad read the paper. 

"Robin!" Mum called.

"Have you seen this?" Dad asked. 

"Robin!" Mum called as she walked passed the table. 

"Local farmers lock up their livestock due to spate of unexplained animal bitings?" Dad read with a question.

"Someone's been biting animals?" Robin asked as he grabbed the paper. 

"Of course, they haven't" Mum denied as she prepared a sandwich. "It's made up, silly."

"Probably some fox lurking around," Alice proposed. "Or one of Paul and Ian's friends playing a cruel joke."

"Boys and their antics," Dad shook his head. "They never learn." Dad got to his feet; looked at Robin. "You really don't think there's some nutter going around nibbling sheep, do you?" The two made goat sounds as Alice and Robin left for school. Vlad was in a horrible mood.