Chapter 2

Harper POV:

I stopped running panting heavily with my hands on my knees, I had run so far I didn't know where I was. Once I finally got my breathing under control I looked around trying to figure out where I was when I instantly turned white recognizing people sword fighting, I ran straight to the battle training ground!!!

I tried to sneak away from the training ground hopefully not to be spotted by HER "Hey!! Harper!!" yelled a familiar voice making me freeze in place. I turned my head to see the one person I didn't want to see. EVER. Annabeth Chase the daughter of Athena, Goddes of Wisdom and Battle Strategy. She walked to me like a lion after its prey "H-hey Annabeth" I stuttered but instantly cursed at myself for stuttering, especially in front of Annabeth. Annabeth stood in front of me "Came here to lose and embarrass yourself?" she asked making some of the guys behind her laugh "N-n-no, I was just leaving" I said until Annabeth threw a sword in front of my feet making me jump.

I knew what she wanted, she wanted me to fight her "Let's see if you improved last time" she said as she held up her sword in a battle stance "Or, or, how about we go our separate ways and pretend we never saw each other" I offered as I started walking backward hoping to escape but that didn't last long when I turned and I bumped into two guys. The two guys looked at me before they push me back almost making me stumble but ended up tripping on my own foot making me fall to the ground which made them laugh.

"Get up" Annabeth commanded, I gulped knowing I had no choice but to fight her, I got up picking up my sword. I lifted up the sword getting into battle position, once I did Annabeth runs at me swinging her sword at me, I instantly shielded myself with the sword, with each swing she throws I would try to shield myself but she would cut parts of my body or she would plant bruises on me from throwing punches or kicks at me. I swing my sword at her but she dodges before kicking me in my stomach making me fall to the ground and drop my sword. The large group that surrounded us while we were fighting cheered for Annabeth while some laughed at me.

"Is he seriously a Demigod?"

"He is so weak"

"I'm surprised he is even still alive"

I heard whispering around me making me look down "You are still a weak pathetic loser" said Annabeth looking down at me, I didn't say anything to her as she walks away. I got up groaning in pain, I started walking while the large group made a path for me still laughing, whispering, and even pushing me around.