Chapter 10

Harper POV:

Once our battle was done we headed to a small diner named 'Music City Diner' to eat breakfast for our next trip.

"We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this special report"

We all stopped eating turning our heads to the tv.

"Scientists are baffled by why now appears to be a single stormcloud that is expanding over much of Europe and Asia, moving towards the United States. Savage winds, rain, and mammoth waves are being reported along the coastlines of several continents. So far, no casualties but countries everywhere are preparing for the worst" 

"The Gods are angry" said Annabeth, I nodded my head in agreement "We need to get the last pearl. Where's the next location?" "Yeah" Percy said as he pulls out the map from his backpack "Let's see" he unfolds the map, the three of us leaning to Percy to see our next location "Well, guys...we got ourselves a good one" said Grover as the glow formed into words "We're going to Vegas!" 

xxxxxxxxxx

Throughout the whole drive Grover explained to me what Las Vegas was until we finally made it, I moved to the window in amazement looking at the beautiful lights glowing from the large and small buildings "Wow" I said making Percy look at me smiling "Oh...there it is. Lotus Casion" said Percy, I turned my head to him before looking at the same direction as him seeing a large building.

Percy parked the truck "I've been looking forward to this. Look, guys, remember, always split the eights, never the tens, okay? Oh and don't worry Harper, I'll teach you how to gamble" said Grover as we got out of the truck "We're not here to gamble, remember?" Annabeth reminded him "We got poker. We got blackjack" "Grover, we're not here to have fun. We just need to grab the pearl and go, okay?" said Annabeth reminding him again "All right" said Grover as we started walking to the front "This is nice" 

We walk inside the building, there were more bright lights, more people, and a lot of food. I move to Percy feeling uncomfortable with a lot of people inside "Okay, this place is officially dope" said Grover, I look around but there were so many people "Here's your complimentary Lotus Fun Book" a man that I presumably works here said handing me a small book "Thanks, but we're not staying" said Annabeth, I tried to walk away from the man "Please, I insist" said the man following us "It's good for everything in the hotel and casino" I grab Percy's arm and I can tell Percy could see I was getting more uncomfortable with the man "Don't comp us. We're not checking in" said Percy pulling me away from the man.

"Okay, that guy was persistent" said Grover "Yeah" Percy said agreeing, I nodded my hand still keeping my grip on Percy's arm "Yeah, we're here for one thing and one thing only" said Percy "You got to be kidding me" I said in my head as I look up to see the giant casino with much more people "Wow" "That is really awesome" said Percy as Grover chuckled.

"Where would we find a green pearl in this place?" asked Percy looking at the giant casino "Um, maybe on a cocktail waitress or a showgirl. We should start there" said Grover as he started walking with the three of us following behind. We kept walking when a woman stopped us holding a tray with pink flowers on it "Can I get you something? try a lotus flower. They're so good. It's our signature dish" said the lady as a second and third woman walk to us leaning their trays to us the third lady's tray in front of my face "Oh...really? signature? is it good?" asked Grover as he grabs two of the flowers, Percy and Annabeth grabbed one, and I shakily grabbed one, I was too uncomfortable already "Thank you" said Percy as the ladies walked away "Hey, do we have to pay for this?" asked Grover but the ladies continued to walk away.

"I guess we don't" said Percy getting in front of us "It's free" said Grover, I looked at the lotus flower while Percy, Annabeth, and Grover ate the flowers "That's really good" said Percy before looking at me "You should try it" I shake my head "No, I think I'm good" I said with a nervous smile as Grover ate his other flower "Wow, this is the most delicious thing I've ever consumed" said Grover, the three looked around as they started laughing confusing me "Wow" said Annabeth with a large smile on her face as Percy started to giggle. I started to get more confused "Percy?" I asked grabbing his arm but he continued to laugh "Guys, why don't we stay here for a while?" asked Annabeth, I turn to her "But Annabeth-" "Yeah!" Grover squeals interrupting me "That sounds like an amazing idea" said Percy as Grover started to bleat like a goat "Wait, guys-" "But'we're on a time-sensitive mission right now" said Percy making Annabeth and Grover laugh like it was a joke "Aren't we...?" Percy trails off "I can't remember" said Grover.

"I totally forgot what I was going to say" said Percy, I looked at the flower in my hand "Is this doing something to them?" I asked in my head as I drop the flower to the ground "I think I figured it out. I think I know why we're here" said Annabeth still with a smile on her face "Why are we here?" asked Percy "To have fun" Annabeth answered "Wait, guys-" "Okay. Let's never leave" "Yeah!" Annabeth cheered "Let's stay here!" the three started to laugh again.

Before I knew it the three split up "No!! Percy!!" I tried to get to him but I couldn't as there was so many people around and different women trying to give me a flower.