Chapter 14

Harper POV:

I opened my eyes to see we were on top of what looked like a tower "Hey. Look" said Annabeth pointing to the sky, we all looked up to see the sky covered in dark clouds formed around the top of the tower "Zeus and Poseidon are preparing for battle" I said looking at Percy "No..." said Percy walking a bit further from us "No, no, this isn't the right place. This isn't Olympus. This is...this is the Empire State Building" I looked around "Percy! The entrance to Olympus is there" said Percy's mother pointing to the direction as she started to lead us to a door "Well, there's ten minutes till midnight. Let's move" said Percy.

We were about to go to the small stairs "Percy Jackson!" called a voice, we all turned, and my eyes widen seeing who called Percy, Luke Castellan. With flying shoes, he landed on the ground "Well, you weren't supposed to make it out alive" said Luke, I grab my dagger getting in battle position next to Percy and Annabeth "I can't let you take that bolt to Olympus. I'm the lightning thief" Luke confesses with his arms out before putting them down "You hid the bolt in my shield? why?" asked Percy demanding answers "Well, when you said you were going to the Underworld, it hit me. That is the perfect opportunity to get the bolt to Hades" Luke answers.

"Why would you do this?" Percy asked "To bring Olympus crumbling down" Luke answered again "Percy, let's go. Let's go" said Percy's mother trying to get Percy to the door "Well, it's too late, 'cause I'm returning the bolt to Zeus right now" said Percy "Not before midnight" said Luke as he runs to Percy trying to grab the bolt but Percy moves to the side making Luke fly up but Luke spins kicking Percy in the face causing him to fall on the ground, Luke flies to him with his sword while Percy tries to get up and uses the bolt to shield himself from Luke's sword causing him to fly back, Luke flies back to Percy causing him to fall back and drop the bolt. Luke flies to the bolt with me and Annabeth doing the same, Annabeth was about to grab it but Luke swings his sword at her causing her to retreat her hand back as he grabs the bolt. "No!!" I shouted as I run to Luke, I swing my dagger at him, but he dodges I continue to swing at him until I was able to cut his arm, and he swings his sword at my causing a cut on my cheek and making me step back covering my cheek when I felt it start to bleed.

"Mom, are you all right?" Percy asked running to her "Yeah" his mother answered, I get up and look up watching as Luke flies off with the bolt "Stay here" said Percy, as he crawls to his backpack, opened it, and quickly pulls out the flying shoes. He quickly takes his shoes off and puts on the flying shoes "Percy, be careful out there" I said running towards him, he looks at me "I'll be okay, I'll come back with the bolt" he said before flying off. I watch as Percy flies to Luke with his sword. I started to get nervous and anxious, if only I had flying shoes like Percy and Luke, I would have gone to help him get the bolt, I felt so useless. "Harper" said Annabeth placing a hand on my shoulder, I look up at Annabeth "He'll come back, don't worry" said Annabeth with a reassuring smile, I nod my head as I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

xxxxxxxxxx

Percy still wasn't back, I started to feel anxious "What if Percy is hurt? did Luke beat Percy?" questions form in my head as I started to feel more and more anxious by the second, and even worse was that it was almost midnight! 

I stopped when I heard small flapping, I turn my head to see Percy flying back to us with the bolt "He's got the bolt!" I said running to him "Come on! let's move! we've got two minutes" said Annabeth as she and I drag Percy down the stairs with his mother to a room. Percy's mother opens a small metal door and starts to flip certain switches making two shelves in front of us open showing an elevator opening for us. The four of us quickly run inside and once inside Percy's mother presses a button, the elevator started to rumble as the elevator went up with speed.