Chapter 8

Harper POV:

"Would have been nice if Luke had warned us about Medusa" said Annabeth as she looked at the pearl in her hand, Grover and Annabeth were in the front of the truck with Grover driving while me and Percy were in the back seats "Maybe he just didn't know" Percy said "The map really doesn't tell us what we are going to face" I said looking at Annabeth.

"GPS from the gods, where to next?" asked Grover, Percy went into his backpack, pulls out the map, and unfolds it "Let's see" said Percy as I leaned towards him to see, not far from the first location the area glowed forming into words " 'The Parthenon in Nashville' " Percy read out loud "Nashville?! aw, great. Home of my least favorite music. Yee-haw!" he shouted in the last part, making us smile.

xxxxxxxxxx

It was already dark, Annabeth was asleep, so was me and Percy until we heard a horn blaring getting closer and closer to us, we immediately wake up to see Grover turning the wheel barely avoiding the large truck as we screamed, Grover dodged a few more cars until getting to right road "Let's stop for the night. Let's stop for the night" Percy said, almost yelling "Yeah. Yeah" said Grover nodding his head as we each caught our breathing "Good idea" "Oh, my god" said Percy placing his hand on his chest where his heart was before he turns to me "Are you okay?" I nod my head also placing my hand on my chest where my heart was "Just give me a minute" 

xxxxxxxxxx

"Have you seen Percy?" I asked Grover while he was laying on one of the hotel beds watching tv. "He's at the pool" he answered pointing outside, I walked to the window to see the pool "He must be under the water" I thought to myself, I grabbed a towel before walking to the pool. 

I crouched down to look in the pool to see Percy sitting on the way bottom. He must have seen me since he started to swim up to the surface "Nice swim?" I asked, Percy smiles swimming to where I was at "Yeah" he answers, I smile at him until he looks at my jacket "What happened to you?" Percy asked with worry as he grabs my injured arm "I forget about that, he must see the blood on my jacket" "When Grover run into us my dagger accidentally scratched my arm and when I landed on those pile of broken statues it made it worse" I explained, he looks up at him "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, I looked away blushing "I...I didn't want you to worry..." he didn't ask any more questions as he moves the tip of his fingers to mine "Watch this" he said, I turn my head back to him watching as the pool water goes up his hand to my arm healing my cut.

"Woah" I said looking at my arm once the water finished healing me, it was as if the cut was never there in the first place. Percy gets out of the pool sitting next to me as I handed him the towel I had "You did really good back there, back at the garden" said Percy, I guess he was trying to start a conversation, I blue lightly "Thanks" I said "but I didn't do much" "But you saved me, Harper, if you haven't used your telekinesis to stop the statue from falling on me I would have been crushed and trapped" said Percy, I blush a bit more "Yeah, you're right" I gave Percy a small smile. 

It was silent the rest of the time "Tell me about your dad" said Percy, almost making me jump "Well, um, like you, I never met my dad" I answered "Wait...is it...is it like this for everybody? don't any Gods see their kids?" asked Percy a bit annoyed "Mr. Chiron said it's forbidden, right after we were born, Zeus decreed that the Gods couldn't have physical contact with their mortal offspring" I explained "Oh, that's a stupid law" said Percy, I nod my head looking down at the pool at my reflection "The only thing I have from my dad is my dagger, Mr. Chiron said he found me with the dagger in front of the entrance of the camp" "Wait, so you never met your mother either?" asked Percy shocked, I shake my head "I practically grew up in the camp, not once, but I got Mr. Chiron who practically raised...me..." I lifted my head up to him, my sentence trailing off. We both stared at each other not saying a single word but not even noticing we both leaned to each other our lips almost touching each other.

"Hey, yo, Percy!" Grover shouts, causing us to pull away from each other, I cover my mouth blushing red like a tomato looking away from him "Was I about to kiss Percy!!??" I screamed in my head "Get in here, man. This is ugly" said Grover, I quickly got up my face still red "W-w-we should go" I stuttered as I quickly went back to the hotel.

"Perce, check this out, man" said Grover leading Percy and me inside the hotel while Annabeth was standing in front of the bed looking at the tv "You're on tv" said Grover, Percy and me both looked at the tv.

"...surrounding the missing boy. Percy Jackson, and his mother, Sally Ugliano. But their relatives have some interesting theories"

It soon changes to a woman with a man next to her.

"So, Mr. Ugliano, talk to me about your son, Percy Jackson" "No, he's not my son. He's my stepson. He did not come from these loins. Ever since he started with the drugs and the alcohol, he's never been the same."

I looked at the man on the tv than at Percy "Oh, no" said Percy 

"Five nights ago...he tried to kill me, and he threw his mother on the ground, and his cripple friend then attacked me from behind and knocked me out. When I woke, Sally was gone. She was kidnapped by Percy. She would never leave without..."

"Oh, shut up, Gabe" said Percy turning the tv off, I grab his hand to comfort him as he takes my hand "Great. Now I'm a fugitive" said Percy, annoyed "See? that's what I'm talking about, man" said Grover, getting up from the corner of the bed "Gabe's always running his mouth. He's just mad because I busted him up with my crutches" he walks to the bathroom but stops "Oh! guys..." he comes out of the bathroom holding Medusa's head "I can't pee with her watching me" 

I was about to speak when I heard rattling outside. I turned my head to the window to see not only were the curtains open but a woman with a cart walking past but she immediately stopped when she saw Grover with the head and started to scream. Me being the closest to the window ran to the window and closed the curtains once the woman started running "Sorry, guys" said Grover with guilt in his voice "I messed up. Should've closed the curtains" "Come on, guys" said Annabeth "Let's hit the road before Homeland Security shows up"