Chapter 11

Warning: anxiety attack

5 days later

Harper POV:

I struggled to look for Percy and the others but every time I do I would lose them. I try to avoid as many people and the woman serving the flowers. I back into a corner, I started to breathe heavily and my hands started to shake as I clutch my shirt where my chest as I slowly crouched down, I cover my ears trying to draw out the loud sounds of people laughing and talking and games going off, I shut my eyes tightly tears forming in my eyes wishing it was all just a dream and I would wake up in my cabin but, it wasn't a dream, I try to calm my breathing but I couldn't, my breathing was shaking from the anxiety. The people's laughter echoed in my head as I continued to cry, I was scared and tired.

"Harper!!" I look up but my tears were blurring my vision "Harper!" Percy kneels to me grabbing my arms "Percy!" I cried as I hug him tightly, Percy hugged me back as I cried into his chest "It's ok, I'm here, I'm so sorry" he said comforting me as he rubs my back.

A few minutes later I finally calmed down as I wiped my tears away "Are you okay?" I sniffled nodding my head "We have to look for Annabeth and Grover" said Percy as he helped me up, we started to walk very quick trying to avoid any women trying to serve us the flowers. Percy opens a door to what looked like a dance room since everyone was dancing, we walked through the people seeing Annabeth giggling and dancing with a girl "Excuse me. Annabeth, Annabeth!" Percy said grabbing her "Whoa, whoa, whoa. what are you doing with that?" Percy rips the flower out of Annabeth's hand throwing it to the ground "Don't eat that" said Percy as he drags Annabeth off the dance floor with me following behind since I was still holding his hand "What?!" asked Annabeth confused.

"We have to go now" said Percy "What do you mean? We're having so much fun" Annabeth whines "No, no,no we're not having fun" said Percy walking to Grover as he was sitting down surrounded by girls "Grover! Grover! wake up! Grover" said Percy in front of him "We have to go!" "What? look, Perce, your timing is terrible, okay? dude, we're heading to the chapel. We're getting married!" Grover announces "How romantic!" Annabeth awed "No, no, no, no" said Percy shaking his head "Wait, which one of y'all I propse to?" asked Grover as all the girls around him raised their hand. "That's it!!" I shouted as I grabbed a glass of water from the table splashing it on Grover's face "Wake up!" I shouted which shocked Percy and Annabeth at my suddent movement.

Grover wipes the water off his eyes before getting up "Yo, man, you're such a buzzkill" said Grover whispering the last part "Percy, Harper, what's wrong with you? why are you doing this?" asked Annabeth "You two need to wake up, right now! You're in a trance from eating those flowers! when you eat the flowers it makes you not want to leave this place!" I explained, Grover and Annabeth looked at me with shock "We're gonna be stuck here forever!" said Percy "Oh" said Grover.

"Oh, no. We gotta go" said Percy throwing Grover his backpack "Okay, I see what you mean" said Grover "Gotta get the green pearl" Percy said as we started to run through the people with Annabeth and Grover behind but not noticing Grover being circled by security. We run out of the dance room with a security guard running at us, Percy uses his bag to push him away, two more security run at us so I used my telekinesis to pull their legs forward causing them to fall back. Me and Percy got on top of a gambling table, Percy pulls me back as he kicks a security guard away, another gets on the table so I quickly kicked him off, both mine and Percy's backs touched together as we looked for any security that tried to get on the table. Percy crouches down getting my attention to see him grabbing the pearl "James Dean, out the way!" I heard Grover shout as me and Percy jump off the table and started running "Car, car!" Grover shouted.

We ran to the car that was on display "Come on, guys, car!" Grover shouts, Grover and Percy run to the front while me and Annabeth run to the back "Get in! come on! come on!" Grover shouts again as we got in the car "In the car, in the car! let's go! keys!" said Grover looking for the keys until he found them "Got the keys!" "Come on!" both me and Annabeth shouted at the same time "Drove, drive, drive!" Percy yells "Okay, they're coming! they're coming!" said Grover trying to turn on the car as the security guards started running to us, I started to use my telekinesis to push the security away causing them to fall back to give Grover more time "You want to start driving!" "I got this!" "Go" the car soon turned on and Grover started driving making the tires screech.

"Harper!" yelled Grover, I move to the front seeing what he meant, I used my telekonesis to push the people and security guards away clearing a path before Grover hit them until Grover smashed through the glass window driving away from the casino and into the street "Woah, woah, woah!" "Now that's how you get out of a casino! that's how you drive!" Grover yells, I fall back into my seat breathing heavily "Of course. Now that all makes sense" said Annabeth "What?" asked Percy turning to her "That was the lair of the lotus eaters. They've been luring people into their trap since ancient time" Annabeth explained "Guys, look, tomorrow is June 21st" said Grover pointing at a big electric sign that showed the date "No, no, no, it can't be. Today's the 15th" said Percy confused, I moved in front with Annabeth "No, tomorrow is the 21st. We were in there for five whole days" I said.

"Felt like hours" said Grover in disbelief "Then tomorrow's the solstice. Our deadline is tomorrow at midnight" said Percy, I fell back into my seat again feeling my head starting to dizzy and my eyes blurring as their voices started to fade away "Harper" said Annabeth moving to me but I was slowly consumed by darkness.