SIX

It was the middle of the night. Dabi had fallen asleep hours ago. Just as you zipped up the side of your skin-tight, black dress, your flip phone buzzed.

"Hello," you whispered once you answered it.

"I have a big job for you if you can handle it."

"I can handle anything," you said in a light voice.

"Someone's willing to pay quadruple the price for this one. The target is Tomura Shigaraki."

Your blood practically ran cold, and your eyes widened. "What?" You said in a harsh tone. "Who the fuck ordered this?"

"You know I can't tell you that. If you're not interested, I'll just decline-"

"Who said it," you practically growled through the phone. "Don't fucking make me come there and find out for myself. You know how well I do this job, so I'm sure you wouldn't wanna be in the same room as me when I'm pissed off."

"I-It was that guy in Tomura's cabinet, Trumpet, or something," They stuttered.

"Koku Hanabata," you muttered. "That him? Black hair? Wasn't he arrested or something? No, wait-" you muttered to yourself. "Anyone alive from the para- whatever army was released when he won the war. Why does he want the literal fucking leader of our country killed?"

"I don't know," They muttered. Then, the phone hung up.

On the outside, you were your normal calm self, but on the inside, you were seething. Yeah, you saw yourself as utter scum because of your line of work, but this guy was worse. You pulled your long hair up into a ponytail and put on your leather gloves.

'That fucking traitor,' you thought as you leaped from your window.

__________

Your whole body glowed purple as you clung to the wall on the side of a large house. It was much smaller than Dabi's manor, but still a really nice house.

You peeked through the window and narrowed your eyes at your new target. He was sitting at his desk, typing on his computer. The window glowed purple and slid open, then you slipped inside, completely undetected.

You pulled out your hand scythes and stalked towards him.

"Koku Hanabata," you said. He jumped in surprise, knocking down whatever it was that he had in his hand at that moment. "Quirk: Incite, which only works on people that are devoted to the former Meta Liberation Army, right?"

"Oh," he said, trying to keep his composure. "You must be the one I hired. Was the price not satisfactory? I can give you more as long as our little problem is taken care of," he said casually as he reached for one of the drawers of his desk.

Then, his entire body glowed brightly, and his movements ceased. "You filthy traitor," you hissed. The sound of your boots hitting his floors echoed through the tense room.  "No one ever sees my face and lives to tell the tale."

You held your right-hand scythe to his neck, your left hand rested on his shoulder. "What I wanna know is, why?" You said. "Why hire an assassin to kill the leader of your country? The leader of the fucking cult you swore your life to."

"I didn't swear my life to him," he said. "I swore my loyalty to Re-Destro, not him! None of us want to follow him! He's just an irresponsible child! He has no right to-"

Your grip on his shoulder tightened, which caused him to stiffen. "Who are you to talk down on Lord Tomura?" You degraded. "You're nothing but filthy, traitorous scum."

"Do you always take this long to end your targets?"

"No," you said. "I'm usually home by now, but I just had to know why. Now, I see you're just scum. A waste of fucking oxygen." Then, you sliced his jugular with your blade. You dipped your gloved finger into his blood.

_____________

Dabi stared blankly at the sight. There was a pool of dark blood at his feet, and a literal corpse sat in front of him, but what had his attention was the writing on the wall. In huge, bloody letters read:

Lord Tomura, there are traitors among you.

"See?" Shigaraki said. "I knew I wasn't paranoid."

Dabi stared at the sight for a moment longer before he looked at Shigaraki. "Obviously, this guy was a traitor, so who cares if he's dead?"

"The message," Shigaraki said. "Obviously there are other traitors. We have to do something."

"Whoever is killing these people is on your side," Dabi said. "Let them deal with it."

"Where is that maid of yours? I'm sure she'll have a solution," Shigaraki said.

"Home," Dabi said. "I don't want her seeing things like this."

"Aw, you care about her," Shigaraki teased.

"No," Dabi said. "I just don't wanna traumatize my fucking maid. Then, she won't do her job like normal."

"So she's good at her job?"

"Don't even get me started," Dabi said. "She's an amazing cook, like she even makes simple shit taste gourmet as hell. The place is always spotless, and she's so diligent."

"I might have to steal her from you for real," Shigaraki said.

"You can try," Dabi said. He closed the door and put his hands into his pockets. "So, you gonna decay this place, or should I torch it?"