FOURTEEN

"I'd say our efforts are about 75% complete," Toga said as she typed on her computer. "Well, our original plan is 75% complete, but of course, there's more that needs to be done."

"Good," Shigaraki said.

"Thanks to our little saint," Dabi wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "We've gotten a lot of the public's support."

Spinner typed on his own computer. "Yeah, those commercials we had her do helped a lot. She's even considered a symbol of hope, according to the internet, at least."

Dabi snorted. "I guess the people are still stuck in their old ways," he said. "It's ironic."

Shigaraki rolled his eyes and looked at you. "You've done a lot for me, ___. Thank you."

"Ah, I don't deserve your thanks," you said. "It was just a coincidence, I guess."

"So modest!" Toga exclaimed. "Dabi, are you sure this cutie can't work for us instead?~"

Dabi flipped her off. "So you can drink her blood? Fuck no."

"Um, if I may but in," you said. "I think you should start to prepare to deal with another pressing matter since the country is becoming fairly comfortable, Lord Tomura."

"Which is?"

"The incarcerated heroes," you said. "Well, not just the incarcerated one, all of the ones that escaped as well."

"What do you think we should do with them?" Shigaraki said. "I was okay with letting them rot in a cell."

"That's not a good idea," you muttered. "But, I don't have a definite answer, which is why I'm only mentioning it."

"I wonder what happened to the escaped heroes, anyway," Toga said. "It's been almost two years since the war, I thought they would've attacked by now."

"If I had to guess," Compress said. "Our rising number of supporters is causing a decline in the people that want to support them. Or they died." He shrugged.

_____________

Mount Lady groaned.

The most recent secret gathering went awful, in her opinion. Before, they managed to have at least 100 people show up each time, but now those numbers are depleting. Barely 20 people showed up. Luckily, no one ratted them out to the government, but the lack of supporters they have means the more supporters Shigaraki has.

"So, what do we do?" Mineta said. "We can't do this ourselves."

"We're gonna break out Deku and the others," Mount Lady said. "They're our only hope."

"Do you have any idea how idiotic that idea is?" Shinso said. "We'll get caught for sure."

"Yeah," Hawks said. "It took the league a while to gain any following, so we just have to keep at it."

"What if we don't need to fight back?" Momo said. "I've been around, and things don't seem to be so bad anymore."

"What are you saying!? Villains took over!" Mineta exclaimed.

"But, people are happy and safe. Isn't that all that matters?" Momo said. She flicked on the old TV. Your smiling face appeared on the screen.

"Uh, hi," you said. "I'm sure you've all seen that video of me, and I stand by what I said. Lord Tomura will bring amazing things to this country, you just have to have hope! I know things are scary and uncertain, but things will get better in a whole new way! Please, I ask that you hold on and put your faith in the people that fought a war for what they believed in. I'm not negating their past, we all know what happened and all of your feelings are valid, I just ask that you assume better of them." You tucked some hair behind your ear.

"These poorly written commercials play a huge part in the villain's success rate," Momo said. "The people are happy so-"

Hawk's eyes widened. "She's the saint everyone is talking about?!"

"Saint?" Mt. Lady said.

"She's ____, the saint. Some people consider her a symbol of hope," Shinso said.

"You know her, Hawks?" Momo said.

"Uh," Hawks muttered.