One

Billie Eilish - Bored

27TH FEBRUARY, 2021.

~

MONDAY.

Not the best day of the week in my books, but today is exceptional.

Why? You might ask.

Well, that's because it's ten times more worse than every other freaking Monday I've ever had in my fucking life. And that's saying something because my mum told me I was born on a Monday.

I'm at some fancy restaurant with the stupidest name on Earth - Elite Eaters Eating - doing nothing but having a conversation with my blind date. Actually, no. I've been staring at the window with rapt attention, while my blind date rambles on and on and on about...something. Oh the rare joy.

Honestly, I'd rather be somewhere else - like my home - lying on my comfy bed and reading about the lives of two extraordinary fictional characters.

It'd have been so fun to lie around and have yet another Me Day, especially as a working class adult with over one hundred work hours a week. But I'm here instead with...James, at Elite Eaters Eating.

This isn't how I pictured my day to go at all. My blind dates aren't supposed to be scheduled on Mondays, but there was a little tweak in the natural order of things because of my meddlesome Aunt Cynthia.

You're too sexy to be without a man at twenty-five. She had texted me when the rain ended. At least give this one a chance.

This text, and I'm not even exaggerating when I say, this exact text is what she's been sending me since I turned twenty-four last year February. I think she has it pinned on her clipboard and just recently changed my age from 'twenty-four' to 'twenty-five' when I clocked another year few weeks ago for convenience.

It's been a year with nineteen blind dates and yet, none of them have managed to catch my fancy, or intrigue me in the slightest.

Well, it's probably because the only things I prioritize at the moment are my sanity and my job - they both cost me a fucking lot. Or it's because most of my blind dates were good-looking, peacock pricks who are embodiments of every shades of red flags in existence.

It was a storm; a mini tornado. Very surprising at this time of the year, yes, but we get what we get I guess. Water fell so much from the sky that I couldn't go to work, and I haven't been called in either.

I'd say 'great' but there's nothing great about my current situation.

The weather is perfect; the clouds, a perfect shade of grey; the wind is chilly, making the window beside me rattle; and the huge fiery glowing ball of gases went to find refuge behind the grey clouds. Perhaps it was scared of being put out by the rain.