Ten

The Weeknd Ft

The Weeknd Ft. Ariana Grande - Save Your Tears.

~

WHEN TOM BROUGHT ME HOME from the Cafe, I went straight to bed. I didn't shower or even use my phone.

Paul and I had a good time yesterday, despite the sorrow in my bloodstream. We caught up on basically everything going on in both our lives.

He is currently working in some hotelier's company, he has his own house and he even has a girlfriend.

I, on the other hand whose life is literally falling apart, had to lie to him and say that I was okay. I couldn't tell him that I was on the brink of losing the job I worked so hard to get. Or that I almost had sex in front of my mum's house with a guy that hates my guts currently because I apparently murdered his sister.

I'm over-exaggerating.

He believed I was okay, thank God.

He offered to take me to his house for Netflix-and-Chill after our miniature date, but I politely declined. I was exhausted, and to be very honest, my mind was not with him that evening. I just tried my best to seem interested in the conversation.

This afternoon - yup, I overslept - I was woken up by my Ed Sheeran ringtone. Carl called me and told me to meet him in his office.

My heart was in my stomach throughout my morning routine. My thoughts kept wandering around the many possible outcomes from the meeting I was preparing for as I threw on a blue, backless, vest dress.

I could get fired.

I could get suspended.

I could keep my job, or,

I could end up in fucking prison.

I could be a lot of things by the end of the meeting with my boss.

I left my house around three p.m., ignoring all the calls and texts from Amara and my friends because I didn't want to add to the adrenaline rush in my system. It felt like I wanted to take a shit, a piss and puke all at once.

Of course Tom drove me to the hospital. I was sad, yes, but I do not want to die.

_________________

Once I enter Carl's office, the eerie silence, and chill from the air conditioner and ceiling fans make my blood turn to liquid ice.

I gulp down nothing.

"Take a seat, Ina." He says, while flipping the pages of his notebook. The sound of the papers rumpling is the only thing I can hear, accompanied by the whooshing of the ceiling fans. Carl could survive in Antarctica without so much as a shirt.