Fifty-five (R)

Westlife - I Lay My Love On You

~

MEN HAVE ULTIMATE CONTROL over all aspects of their lives, except who they fall for.

"How many times do I need to say this?" Mario screeches. "I fucking had to pee!"

I scrunch my face up at his tone, turning back to glance at Alaina. He's god-damn lucky he didn't wake her. She let me sleep beside her last night and I'm not making her regret it by letting my stupid friends wake her up roughly.

"And what about you, Jason, what's your excuse?"

"Mierda." He groans nonchalantly, sitting up from the couch and puffing out an air of pale blue smoke. Mario cusses under his breath and shoves him, coughing harshly. He chuckles. "Mario was scared. Didn't want to go pee alone. He begged me to follow..."

"Can you quit lying, boss?" Mario glares at Jason. "And while you're at it, quit exhaling all that nicotine into my nostrils. Already high enough here."

"This's what you get for lying to Davian about Samantha, you rat." I open my mouth to mock Jason about his common cold. "And before you say anything about my health, Davian," he inhales a generous amount of smoke from his cigarette stick, "I've started taking meds, and I can wake the cariño sleeping behind you up with one loud word."

I glare at him. "What kind of a stupid fucking threat was that?"

"The kind I know will work." He replies caustically.

Pendejo. "Well now, because of Mario's femininity..."

"And his small bladder." Jason adds.

"And his small bladder," I parrot, "we've lost our only witness against Theodore Dawes."

"I don't have a small bladder." Mario argues. "Plus, did I or did I not tell you to come with a voice recorder?"

"You didn't say shit like that." Jason eyes Mario with a disgusted expression.

"Fine, okay, I didn't. My bad." Mario mumbles rapidly. "But I thought of it and that's saying something. You both should have fucking thought about that as well."

"Putting all of that aside, both of Theodore's parents are dead." Jason states. "And we're gonna have a busy week, because he's going to find out sooner or later."

"An eye for an eye." I say.

"It's actually an eye for two eyes in this scenario." Mario announces.