viii. E u n J i h o

This chapter will be full of flashbacks.

———————————————————

Third Person's POV

It's been 2 years since Joohee was transmitted. Ever since that day, her friendship with the cast was growing day by day. She is now close with three out of four of the heavenly kings.  Eun Jiho is still wary of her despite being in the same circle of friends.

It was a perfect day to go out with friends, the sun was warm to the skin, the birds were chirping beautifully, and you can hear the kids' laughter in the neighborhood until...

"WAAHHHH!!!" Joohee screamed at the top of her lungs, trying to outrun the dog chasing them. 

"This is your fault!" Eun Jiho scolded her from behind.

"I told you the dog hates getting petted from behind!" He told her.

Flashback

It was early in the morning when Joohee's phone beeped multiple times. Joohee reached for her phone groggily seeing the messages in their chat room.

Jxjxtsx Kxisxn 0 is out today! Let's watch it!

WHAT?! It's out? Dan-i, Joohee let's goooo watch it!

Eunhyung, go wake up Chunyeong and Dan-i go wake up Joohee

Oh nevermind, Joohee is up now  

Jooheeee! Get ready we will watch a movie today, I'll pick you up at 11 am. Same with you Dan-i!

Sorry, I have plans for today but I'll try to catch up later.

Yeah me too, I need to do something first. I'll try to go after.

And that leads us to now

End of flashback

Joohee thought that he was lying at that time and still petted the dog and that led them to this situation. She didn't respond to what Eun Jiho said because she knew he was right. it was her fault a dog was chasing them. The situation was getting worse, the dog was getting closer.
Joohee knew if they did not lose the dog they would get bitten so she came up with a plan. She hurriedly grabbed the piece of jerky she had in her bag and threw it toward the dog. It worked! 

Sigh~  

  "Ahh! What's wrong with you?!" Joohee exclaimed

"If you listened to me earlier we wouldn't be chased by a dog." Eun Jiho started lecturing Joohee.
.

.

.

"umm... yah Eun Jiho... we should... We should run."  Joohee said with a scared tone.
" Again? why? " Eun Jiho was confused about where she was looking at.

Grrrrrr~~

Eun Jiho's eyes widened at what he heard. With fear evident on his face, he turned his head only to see the dog that was chasing them earlier growling and angrier than ever. 

He was getting ready to run when he didn't see Joohee at his side.

BANG!

He suddenly heard a loud crash not expecting Joohee to lie on the ground with teary eyes looking back at him.

"Fuck" he mumbles. 

Without any second thought, he threw Joohee to his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and ran for their life. After minutes of running, they eventually lose the dog.

 After catching their breaths, they started laughing the moment their eyes met.

"Well, that was fun. I didn't know you were that stupid" Jiho was the first one to talk.

Joohee kept laughing and wasn't able to respond. Everything was unexpected and being chased by a dog was something new to them both.  

"HAHAHA! I never expected to be chased by a dog and with you nonetheless" Joohee couldn't stop laughing as she saw Eun Jiho having a hard time catching his breath.

"Well, I'm glad that's over." Eun Jiho sighed with relief.
The two continued laughing when both of them received a notification.

Where are you guys? The movie is about to start.

"Looks like they're looking for us. We should go now." As Joohee gets up and tidies herself.
"Sure but first let's go buy some clothes. We can't go looking like this" Jiho looked at Joohee, judging her.

"Hey! What's wrong with what I look like?! And can't I just borrow some of your clothes? Your house isn't too far from here. It's better than spending some money on me" As Joohee starts to limp away from Jiho. He didn't argue with Joohee as he saw her having a hard time with her wound.

They both arrived at Jiho's home. Jiho took the first aid kit and treated Joohee's wounds.
"Ahh! Careful, that hurts" as Joohee flinch away from the cotton ball.
"Stop being a baby" Jiho continued to dab the cotton on Joohee's wound.

"I'll look for something that you can wear, wait for me here. There are some cookies out there, just grab one if you want" Jiho then walked away and Joohee started to munch the cookies.

———————————————————

"Oh! There they are!"

"Where have you been?"

"The movie is about to start"

"Noona, why are you wearing Jiho's clothes?"
.
.
.
"Uhm... It was.. and then.. hahaha" Joohee awkwardly laughs and tugs Jiho's shirt aggressively seeking help.

"It was a long story, let's go. The movie already started with"

———————————————————

"That was a great movie. I  can't believe it's finished. I can't wait for the new season to come."

"Joohee is your knee okay now? Should we go home? I'll give you a piggyback ride" Yeoryeong suggested as she kneels down in front of Joohee.

"I'll just give you guys a ride." Jiho offered.

....

"Thanks for giving us a ride Jiho." Dan-i and Yeoryeong said while pulling Joohee out of the car.

"Wait, you guys go first, I have something to say to Jiho." 

Yeoryeong and Dan-i nodded and head upstairs.

"What is it?" 

Jiho's POV

Yeoryeong and Dan-i were now nowhere to be seen when she looked me straight in the eyes and said "Thanks a lot for today Jiho. I didn't know you'd help me throughout the day. I thought you hated me"
She mumbled the last sentence and thought that I wouldn't hear her.

"It was fun being chased by a dog with you, let's be friends" and then she gave me a smile before she went upstairs.

Note:

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, vote, and share!