Oubaitori

Disclaimer:

Mentions of faux doctors and medical mockery which may be sensitive.

______________________

The rest of the day passed by in a blur with with Aravind, Soumya and Guru boasting thier press meet with thier 'friends' . They even called Krithika to join them which she laughed off before heading to Sathya' s office.

"DSP sir, May I come in? " She called for him from outside,

"Get in, Doctor.. " Came the voice from inside and she entered his office with her doctor's bag,

"Enna Doctor madam Duty paakara maathiri iruku? " He asked her, pouring himself a cup of tea from the small flash he had brought,

Krithika started to lay out the things that are required to make a dressing and her eyes fell on the single tea cup. Something felt so familiar with that scene. It had always been the same with her as well, she carries the same flask that held a cup of tea, only for herself. With no one to share.

"Athu.. DSP sir vela nu vanthuta ulagathayae maranthudringa..

Also, Doctor has to be mindful of all her patients" She dismissed her worries by being playful with him,

"Enna Doctor? Oru keeral ku na patient ah aaitena enna?

Ungluke konjam over ah illa? " He asked her and looked into her eyes.

Krithika held a steady gaze before gesturing him to give his hand with her eyebrows, "Chinnatho peruso.. I care about my job very seriously..

I hope you respect that, DSP sir" She told him, examining his hand before Cleansing it carefully. Sathya's eyes widened once and shrunk in displeasure.

He didn't mean to hurt her.

"I'm sorry Doctor, I didn't mean to offend" He told her in a bare whisper.

"Apology accepted, DSP sir,

Enaku fees ah you have to drink two glasses of orange juice everyday.. To compensate blood loss.

Say yes" She told him wrapping up the new dressing with intricate perfection which his eyes followed suite,

"Yes Doctor" His baritone echoed around the quiet office like a prayer echoed in a monastery,

It felt like quantum entanglement. A Nameless energy tied them together as the ends of a golden string. That whenever and wherever one moved, the other seemed to follow . They felt like butterflies who fly across boundaries and grow meadows with mere pollination. The momentary glance felt like years of penance and the moment of benediction both at once.

She took her leave shortly and a pair of eyes gazed at the bloodstained torn dupatta fondly.

Krithika got busy with her peers in discussions and the day went by pleasantly, It was just after tea break when Dean Dhamodharan arrived in search of Doctor Krithika,

"Doctor, Look who has come to visit" Sathya lead her to him and she instantly ran up to hug him tightly, "Appa!!!!! "

"Congratulations da kutty! Konjam munna dha news paathen..

Unna vanthu wish panitu polam nu vanthenn" She giggled clapping her hands and got his blessings. She slowly introduced all of her friends to him,