Dear Universe, Who am I?

Mouth imprisoned love with medicines in our throat
Be cautious!
Cough syrup was never the reliable cure for illness of the heart.

Krithika sat leaning on the window contemplating her life, how it had always been a series of what ifs and I wish. Her past had been the cause, she had either been too cheerful or too stern with herself. The art if being carefree was something she tried hard to master, but her inner self still ached  and ached and ached to align with the facade.

Alone, but not too alone. Severed but nit too adrift. There were too many lives tangled up with hers. She had acquainted herself with new people and once again, she didn't know whether to stay or to run away.

"Krithika, Vaa court ku vanthaachu" Soumya touched her arm softly breaking her reverie,

They had arrived at the District court for the hearing of the Faux Doctor case first thing in the morning Krithika sighed remembering everything they had discussed, she still felt jittery for some unknown reason. The team started to make their way inside the courtroom and that's when she noticed a tall figure trailing beside her,

"Nervous, Doctor? " Sathya looked at her as if he was studying her face,

"A bit, DSP sir.. " She said honestly, fidgeting with her little fingers.

"Duty Doctor appavi patients kita mattum dha bossy ah irupaanga polaruke... " Sathya said with a straight face, not looking at her face. Krithika shot a look at him, her lips threatening to twitch,

"Is this an accusation, DSP sir? " She narrowed her eyes with him, her dimples making their grand entrance,

"Hey.. I'm just motivating you, Doctor! Nallathukae kaalam illa pa! "  He said with a small smile down the corner of his lips before walking away, leaving her speechless.

Krithika let out a huge sigh before smiling again. Someone, this little interaction had brought her to her usual self as she skipped her way inside the court.

The thing was that, Krithika had only heard of this 'Faux Doctor' but she had never seen him. And as soon as she saw him, she had seriously doubted the eyesight of those who actually believed him to be a doctor.

Jokes apart and with no judgemental gaze, the one who stood in front of her was dressed shabbily with torn edges all over. She figured it to be ripped jeans and a tee shirt. His hair was a series of braids in random parts of his head. Safe to say, he looked really pathetic.

She witnessed how pathetic when he took his oath on the preamble.

"Na soldrathu ellam unmai.. Poi nu sonna kadavulukae adukaathu..

Actually.. Ganam court aar avarghale..

Enna maathiri oru medical genius ku munnadi intha maathiri azhagaana ponna ellam kootu vanthingana..

Viva epdi attend panrathu? " He asked the Judge and Sathya looked at the man like he was about to murder him.

Well, the judge was savage enough though!

"Viva attend panna mudiyathu na enna artham?

College la enna panninga? " The judge asked him examining the evidence.

"Enna sir.. College la enga intha maathiri lecturers irukaanga..