Breathless

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,

"DSP sir? " Krithika coughed again clutching his shirt near his chest, her dazed eyes forced to keep awake,

"Yes Doctor? " He asked, his hands constantly touching her pulse,

"Na jo- joke sonn- sonna neenga siri- kevaela? " She tugged his shirt demanding him for an answer. She coughed again trying to keep her breathing steady,

She felt his chest rumble from the base and looked up at him, as his eyes shed pearls of tears while his lips smiled for her, she sniffed hard and coughed, trying to catch her breath,

Sathya went speechless for a brief moment seeing her struggle to breathe, he roped both of his hands around her back and pulled her entirely against him.

She rested her head on his shoulder as he rocked them forward and Backward in steady rhythm.

"Saav- ah.. Paathu.. Baya- bayapadathingaShe whispered near his ears, her petite little fingers landing on his hair after great difficulty,

"Na..

Na enna pathi yosikavae illa.. " He said caressing her head continuously.

"Ath-

" Thangachi! Sir! " Guru entered the room swiftly with a blanket as Soumya and Aravind followed them with hot water bottles and blankets.

The next few hours were blurry in everyone's vision. Sathya quickly took Krithika to her apartment as the rest of the team rescued the kids. Soumya stayed in close reach with Krithika and Dhamodharan came to see her.

A single soul stayed farther away, only to observe the heavenly being sleeping inside her room. He finally took his leave after a series of assurances from his team mates and Dhamodharan himself.

Krithika woke up briskly the next day. And git ready for work. His excited kegs carried her forward like the bunny she was!

"Dei kannu kutty! Va da va da! " Guru opened his arms for her to hug and spinned her slowly as Soumya rebuked him!

"Pathari poitom da naanga! " And the three embraced lovingly!

"Hey bro! Missed you! " Aravind came up to side hug her and she returned it happily, "Missed you too bro! "

"Pah! Ipo tha nimathiya iruku! " Soumya exclaimed patting her cheeks,

"Unmaya.. Ne konja neram illana kooda inga ellaroda sandhoshatha eduthutu poita maathiri iruku theriyuma? " Guru caressed her head softly.

"Akka.. Athu.. Avaru.. She eyed his office with a coy smile.

" Ahemm ahemm.. Unga avaru apovae vanthutaaru.. Poi paarunga bro! " Aravind teased her and the others laughed in cue making her giggle in shyness!

"Bro! Na paathutu vanthu iruku ungaluku! " She playfully hit him!

Krithika slowly entered his office and saw him reading a file, his legs jolted up seeing her, "Hey Doctor! Ungla iniku leave poda sonnen la?