Naadan Parindey

kyun des bides phire maara
kyun haal behaal thaka haara
kyun des bides phire maara
tu raat biraat ka banjara

Hierath, Sathya opened his eyes and looked at his phone, which rested on his chest. His vision felt greasy, yet traced the gloomy night sky that only had stars to light it up. His hands went to up grip the metal that made his balcony as he sighed.

Nights, twilight, the time of the day that made it difficult to see, the time that people come home to those who they call family. The times when furnaces were lit and lights were turned on in his camp. The time when everything is silent.

His eyes flickered in surprise seeing a shooting star pass by and his heart carefully made a wish without his notice. Somehow, his thoughts, the Essence of the night and the shooting star felt like a moment much awaited by the universe. Sathya shook his head again,

He had always been a wandering bird without a nest, everywhere he went made his residing place, but made it a home. The swallow in him ached to be perched up in it's own threshold and he denied it, it was never going to happen!

He was an orphan. Him in his home is a paradox.

His eyes fell on his palms, his elite palms that held a being in his embrace for the very first time, sure he had rescued a lot of people, but this was different. This felt personal, this was voluntarily done, this was him in his senses, embracing a woman to his chest.

This was him resting her on himself to comfort her, this was him breathing a woman's scent, on his own accord.

And he was truly frightened,

Because now, his heart felt endless in her little embrace, it sought it's sky in those large eyes, it felt it's warmth from her bosom, it felt it's anchor holding him back, clutching him tightly.

Fascinating how he felt lost and found at the same time.

And terrifying because his heart has now turned into a covet that wanted more.

"Adadae! Doctor madam iniku excess azhagoda vanthrukaangle! " Soumya gushed and she ran into her arms arms giggling!

Krithika smiled wide, clad in a pastel pink and yellow hued Georgette saree with a puffy sleeved blouse to match. Her hair was left freely and it danced like candy floss. Soumya had no words, she simply looked like a doll that walked and spoke around!

"Intha excess azhagu yaara paaka poguthu nu sollata? " She whispered in her ears making Krithika cackle aloud and stumble. "Akka! Neengaluma! " Her eyes discretely looked at his office,

"Na innu per kooda sollalayae! " She tickled her playfully and Krithika laughed out loud, her cheeks turning into a deep red color,

"Ponga ka! Avara paaka onnu ila! " She hid her visage further into her shoulder. And the elder one embraced her,

"Yaara paaka chellam? " Krithika looked up hearing and Guru's voice and she went up to hug him, " Anne! Soumi ka enna kalaikaraanga paarunga! " She snuggled into him and he held her head,

"Unga anna vum avara paathutu dhan vanthurukaanga! " She cooed making Guru laugh.

"Lakshanama iruke da thangam" He said patting her head, blessing her silently. "Sir ulla dha file paatutu irukaanga" He said bobbing his head with hers with a teasing smile making Krithika giggle and run inside.

"Ulla varalama? " She asked from outside, straightening her saree.

"Vaanga Doctor" There he was, Dressed properly in Khakhi, tall and masculine, arranging a few files on his shelf. "Oru nimisham.. Ukarunga" He said, without turning back. His eyes concentrated on the files.