Seasons of love

It was two in the morning and the lights at the operation theatre of gleaming with hope, the hope that encourages both the patient and the doctor to have faith and anticipate recovery.

Krithika was urgently called to perform an open heart surgery in the Nick of the moment and she didn't even hesitate to show up,

Her pulse fluctuated seeing the old woman lying in front of her in the streatcher. Krithika's lips whispered a prayer before she started the surgery.

After half hour, she came outside with an angelic smile, the satisfaction after a successful surgery.

Sathya was just done with analysing a few stenography materials that he had with him for a case when Dhamodharan called him.

The late hour, her father calling him in that kate hour didn't help him much and made him panic, "Sir? Everything okay? "

"Onnu illa pa..
Krithu ku oru surgery irunthuchu ipo..

Ava kalila late ah vantha konjam excuse paniko sari ah? " He asked him and Sathya smiled genuinely,

Idhela neenga sollanuma? Oru uyirayae kaapathara avanglukaagha enna vena seyyalam sir" He said and the Elder man smiled in meek understanding.

The two conversed for a few more minutes before he ended the call.

Sathya sat there with a thoughtful look on his face, he knew two things very well that moment, one, His Doctor would ne exhausted after the surgery, and second, she would never compromise her duty at any cost.

He decided to set an alarm and get some sleep as he had lots to do the next morning.

The next day dawned with his alarm going off at five, Sathya began prepping for a wholesome Vegetable Pulav and some Veg au gratin in his Lunchbox. His kindness extended to his teammates as well.

He also brewed some hot milk and mixed a bottle of Horlicks for her to drink, before leaving his home.

The day went by smoothly with him convincing Aravind to give her the Horlicks and some cut fruit.

She was just relishing the fruit when a voice echoed in the Station, "Hello Doctor K! "

Krithika turned to look at Karthi standing there with a huge smile. Sathya, who came outside his office to call Guru was pleasantly surprised to find him there, his eyes directed towards his Doctor,

"Ayee! Doctor K! " She ran into his arms as he spinned her slowly making them laugh together,

The other members of the team watched in silence,

"Missed me? " Asked Karthi was a small smile,

"Yes! " She nodded excitedly,

Karthi's eyes fell on a tall figure who stood gazing at him from the corner. His lips twitched again as he came to stand in front of him.

"Jai Hind Lieutenant Sathya.

Subordinate Karthikeyan offers his humble greeting" He said it with a salute and Sathya returned it with a find smile,

" Where were you man? " Sathya embraced the younger one to his chest who was pleasantly surprised by his affection,

Karthikeyan was once an Army Subordinate who worked as a Military apothecary, his noble services cane to an end when he was falsely accused of disrespecting a superior.