12

The four of them were dragged away from the pod room. Now they sat in a small cell, white walls surrounding them as a glass door stood between them and freedom. Casper sat by Grace's side, just starring into space. 

"Im sorry" a low mumble came from Jake. Casper moved his eyes from the wall to his brother, who was looking him straight in the eye. 

Casper thought for a moment. What he said was true, Jake had no idea what being abnormal was like in a society like theirs. Many people saw his wheelchair, and stopped to look, sure, but they soon saw the stamp of a Marine, and they moved along. Casper didn't get that free card. But he could also understand why Jake wanted his legs back. A fool he was for trusting Quaritch, a dumbass, but he wasn't thinking. He just wanted to walk again, and Casper could understand that want.

The raven head sighed and nodded, giving Jake a small smile. "You might be and idiotic moron, but you are also my brother. I understand you just wished to have your legs back. But it is not my forgiveness you should ask for"

Jake casted his eyes downwards, knowing exactly who Casper was talking about. The younger males attention was then grabbed by Trudy, who came in with a cart. She smiled and chatted with the guard on watch duty, and as he leaned down to look inside the cart, she pulled out a gun on him.

Casper jumped up in surprise, watching as she knocked the man out with the but of her gun. Trudy turned to see the group smiling at her. She smiled as well, turning around to yell something out. Soon after Max came running into the room, avoiding the knocked down guard. He ran up to the door, and opened it with his key card.

As soon as the door opened the six of them ran (Jake wheeled) after Trudy, the women leading them. 

"Trudy, fire up the ship!" He told her, gesturing for Norm to go help her out. He ran past the wheeling Jake and to Trudy's side, taking the gun she had given him. Now the two of them ran in the front as the rest of them followed. Jake has also acquired a gun from Trudy, and as he kept it pointed, like a true Marine, Casper ran behind him, pushing his wheelchair. 

Trudy and Norm were the first ones outside, turning the engine on. Casper, Grace, Jake and Max stopped by the door, Jake placing his hand on Max's shoulder. "Max, stay here. I need someone on the inside i can trust"

He quickly agreed, nodding his head. "Okay, go"

They all made it inside, Max closing the door behind them. Casper quickly threw a mask Grace's and Jake's way before putting one on himself. Grace pushed the outside door opened, and Casper wheeled Jake outside, being as quick as he could. Norm met them half way, helping Casper push Jake to the aircraft, the two of them working together to lift the ex-Marine inside. Casper jumped in too, helping Norm inside. Bullets started to fly at them, Trudy urging them to hurry. Grace lifted the wheelchair inside, Casper quickly taking it from her, giving her free hands to jump inside just as Trudy took off. 

Casper made sure to stay close to the ground and hold onto something so no bullets would hit him. As soon as they were out of Quaritch'es reach they began to cheer. Casper smiled along, turning to Grace. That is also when his smile dropped.

"Guys! Grace got shot" he informed the others, quickly moving to the women's side. "This is going to ruin my whole day" she tried to joke, but it sounded more pained than she intended.

"What?" Trudy said almost in disbelief. Casper moved his hand to press against her abdomen. Jake also moved to Grace's side, telling Norm to get the trauma kit.

"Keep the pressure on, Grace" Jake told her from Casper's side. Even if she knew Casper was holding tight against her wound, she still nodded. "Hang on Grace" Jake once again spoke to her.