Chapter 40 & 41 - Waste of Time

The clerk ignored Amethyst's statement and addressed the lady with the fake smile painted on her face. "Lady Keaton, would you like to look around for a while? We have some new dresses that are very beautiful as well. In the meantime, I will prepare the dress for you."

"Alright."

The young Lady Keaton looked Amethyst up and down before smirking and walking away. After waiting for her to walk away, the clerk turned around to face Amethyst. "Like I said earlier dear, this is a dress that you cannot afford. Why don't you give it to the lady instead? There are a lot of dresses on sale on the other side."

Even though her words were poisonous, the smile never left her face. Amethyst decided to buy the pink dress no matter what, just to prove this clerk wrong.

"I will decide whether I buy it or not. And since I chose this dress first, I will try it first."

"Oh dear, I wasn't going to say this, but do you really think with your plain looks you can handle a magnificent dress like this?"

"What...did you just say?!" Lunia gasped infuriatedly.

Just then another employee approached the clerk and whispered something in her ear. The clerk nodded and side-eyed them before walking away with the other employee.

"Tsk! What kind of person is she?" Amethyst bit out.

"Ma'am, please reveal your identity. There is a dire need to reprimand such a person."

"No, never! There is no need to go to that extent for someone like that. They are not worthy."

Amethyst's mood was completely spoiled, and she had half a mind to just let go of the dress and leave this place.

"Really, if you weren't so pretty, I would never have stepped into this place," She muttered to the dress.

Meanwhile, she noticed that the direction in which the clerk had gone, there was complete silence. She peeked around the corner and saw that every single person in the shop only had eyes for one sight; the man who had just entered. He brushed his silky platinum hair back from his face and his glistening red eyes. His broad frame seemed to fill up the entire boutique with his presence. She was surprised by his sudden appearance and she wasn't the only one.

The clerk was well aware of who the man was, and she stumbled in her haste to step forward.

"My goodness! Your Highness please may I welcome you to our humble boutique! It is a great honour. I am Madam Brita, the manager of the store. It would be an honour to serve you-"

Much to her pleasure, Alexcent's eyes searched the shop while the clerk spoke with annoyance etched onto his face. As he looked around, the ladies who mistakenly thought that they had caught his eye, blushed and giggled. When they both finally locked eyes, he walked straight towards her; the woman who had caught his eye, cutting off the clerk without an excuse.

Lunia sensed someone's presence behind her, she took her eyes away from Amethyst to look around. As she saw Alexcent, she bowed and moved aside.

Alexcent wrapped his arms around Amethyst's waist and kissed her briefly on the lips. Amethyst was taken aback by his affection. She hadn't expected him to behave this way in public.

"Are you done with your shopping?"

'Wasn't this the same person who tried to get himself out of going shopping together just this morning?'

"What are you doing here?"

"I was in the area when I saw your carriage. Are you still far from done?" Alexcent looked around her impatiently.