CCCI - CCCX

"The Prince?"

She could see Alexcent holding the book. He carelessly looked at its contents.

"I was looking for precedent somewhere else just in case. To persuade others... Nothing's better than a precedent."

"You didn't give up?"

"No way."

Alexcent raised his eyebrow and gave Amethyst the book. He also asked what she was curious about after receiving the book.

"But are you also thinking the same thing?"

"About what?"

"About what we talked about. Are you also thinking like other masters that it won't have a chance? Is that why you're disagreeing?"

"Disagreeing?"

"Yes."

"I never disagreed."

"But you didn't say anything just now. So you're agreeing?"

"No."

Amethyst's vein popped on her forehead at Alexcent's refusal. It looked like she was trying her best to speak calmly.

"Then..."

"Why through the Congress."

Why? What does he mean? Amethyst felt alleviated and asked.

"What? What do you mean?"

"It's annoying. I can just use the empress's power."

Ah! She was forgetting it. That this man's only sister is the Empress, her mind went blank like she was hit by a club. Amethyst looked up at him.

"Then why were you acting so angry..."

"I didn't like how you were caring about anything other than me."

"No way! That was the only reason why you embarrassed me?"

Alexcent changed the subject as she shouted with annoyance. "I scanned it for a bit and it seemed like you put a lot of effort into it. Just needs a bit of polishing."

"You looked at it? I still have lots to work on. So, could you get me the management document of the Academy?"

Alexcent didn't like it as she immediately started working again.

"You see. This is why I didn't say anything."

"You see. You disagreed."

They scoffed after exchanging glances. Then Amethyst remembered that they were in the library hence the space between the bookshelves was narrow. Alexcent and she were quite close to each other.

She started smiling as if she thought of something funny.

She remembered a scene that only a teen movie would have.

"Alec."

"Hm?"

"Kiss me. Now."

***

Alexcent held the bookshelf above her head, then lowered his head and put his lips on hers. Amethyst grabbed his sleeves and pulled him closer.

Their shadow graced the wall in front of them as the setting sun lit up the bookshelf.

Their lips moved in harmony and their breathing got heavier.

"Miss Amethyst!" Amethyst quickly pushed him away from her as she heard someone call for her.