Chapter 1: Reborn?

I woke up feeling warm like I was wrapped in a blanket. Turns out I was. When I could open my eyes I saw a very blurry white blanket wrapped around a small body. It took an embarrassing amount of time before I realized it was my body. Before my poor brain could comprehend the situation I heard voices.

Sadly I wasn't able to properly understand them like they were speaking in another language. Ghosts maybe no ghosts aren't real right? It would explain the strange figures hovering over me. Before I knew it I was in the arms of one of the figures.

Now I could make out this wasn't a ghost but a woman's beautiful woman. The young woman had what looked like dark blue hair and emerald-green eyes. Her eyes also had dark circles around them telling me she hasn't been sleeping well.

I could tell she was talking but still couldn't make out anything. 'What if she was closer then maybe I could hear her better.' I thought before reaching my small hand to her face. Only to end up bringing it back down. Turns out it's hard to move while you're a baby. Also, it's hard to stay awake when you're a few hours old.

——

It's been about two and a half months of living my new life and I have to say it is not bad. Sleeping has become my favorite pastime since I couldn't move much. Don't think I only sleep all day, I have also been gathering information.

So far I have found that I have been reborn somewhere in Japan. Also found out that those people are my parents. Freaky right, calling them mom and dad is going to be a challenge. Though having a dad again does sound nice. I will spare you the sob story about my dad dying. All you need to know is he died in a car crash when I was six.

Anyways now all I'm doing is chilling in my crib with my bunny that I named Snowball. Don't judge me. I have been through a lot this past month. You would do the same plus I don't want to be mean to my poor parents by refusing their gifts. Even if my room is covered in toys. I'm not complaining though once I can crawl a bit better I will be sleeping on them. For now I can only sleep with Snowball.

The voice of my nanny interrupts my thoughts. "Good morning princess, it's time to get ready." Yes nanny I forgot to mention my parents work almost all day since I became two months old. Well my mom is out doing who knows what. Still not sure what they do but apparently it's important.

The nanny's name is Izanami and she is the sweetest woman I have ever met. She has dark blue hair and brown eyes. Izanami always wears a navy blue apron with a dress underneath. Which is lovely by the way.

Izanami carefully takes me out of the crib and starts helping me drink. I have been trying to hold it myself more though. After I finished my meal Izanami dressed me in a little white dress and said, "today I will be taking you to see the clans people. It isn't that exciting princess." I smiled at her, actually excited. It will be my first time going outside in this world. Sad right but I am a small helpless baby.

By the time we got out of my room I'm buzzing with excitement. Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of the house. Izanami walks through the house swiftly as I take in the beautiful home. It was quite extravagant for a family home if you ask me.

We counted through the house till we reached a large door painted white. Two people appeared, out of nowhere, and opened the door leading outside. 'We much be rich rich to have door people.'

"We greet lady Yoki of the Genji clan." People with blue hair all said bowing. 'They must have practiced that.' Not knowing what to do I looked at Izanami and she only smiled at me. 'Girl I want you to help me but ok.'

Looking back at these people they all have the same look in their eyes. I couldn't tell if it was love, hate or disappointment.
~~~~
3rd person POV:

The Genji clansmen all looked at the next heiress in wonder. She is adorable. She has the signature blue hair of the clan and unique round golden eyes.

One by one the clansman went up to the heiress and placed a gift beside her. It was a tradition they did to welcome the heir into the world. Most of the gifts were toys, jewelry, and dresses. Some were ninja weapons and scroll to hopefully persuade the young heiress to become a ninja.

While they placed down the gifts Yoki watched them carefully. Wondering why they would do this. Even if she was flattered she hoped her parents would send the gifts back.

"Thank you everyone for coming to meet lady Yoki on this beautiful day but it is time for her nap," Izanami announces to the now pouting members. They all wanted the young heir to stay longer.

~~~~

Not important A/N
Date 8/3 2023

Hi again, sorry I know you all hate a/n but just wanted to say I will be editing this story. As well as getting new chapters out soon. Sorry that I haven't updated for a while but I will start. If you do spot any errors it would be helpful if you point it out to me thanks.