Chapter 6: Funeral

~~~~

It has been a tiring month. Moving to a new house closer to the Hokage's tower, making flowers for the fallen, and trying to help my mom. Dad has been away helping around the village and our clan.

So it is usually just me and mom at home. Sometimes Auntie Mikoto comes and helps mom out with unpacking. While Itachi babysits me and Sasuke. Even if I don't need to be watched 24/7 anymore it does help. Apparently I was struck in the head by a rogue ceiling tile in the attack. So was Izanami but she didn't make it. She saved me that day and died doing it.

"Yoki, let's go bring the flowers!" My mother yelled from the kitchen. I quickly gathered the flowers and of course Snowball. A lovely ninja found her in the rubble.

I slowly made my way out of my holding the basket of paper flowers. Yes that's right I learned to walk but I am not the greatest at it yet. I look like a drunk penguin.

"Sweetie ready?" Dad asked once I waddled in.

"Yes papa!"

"Alright let's get going." Mom spoke before rushing us out the door. The remaining people of our clan were standing outside all wearing black. We are heading to the cemetery to mourn the dead. A mass funeral in simpler terms.

We all walked in with my family in the front. I was holding onto my dad's leg for support while mom was holding my bunny.

The line of our clan meet up with the Uchihas and we continue the depressing walk side by side. 'Our clans must be pretty close. I hope this doesn't cause problems in the future.'

Itachi walked close to me and my father and smiled at me. I returned the smile quickly and continued. The duckling was holding onto his mothers neck to avoid falling. 'Imagine not being able to walk.'

Once we reached the graves the 3rd Hokage started his speech.

"Here lies many citizens of our great village including the 4th Hokage. On this day we will remember all they have done for us. But do not be discouraged......" I stopped listening and started looking over the flowers. They were made out of paper and pipe cleaner. Honestly the flowers were beautiful if I do say so myself. Most were white but I made special ones for Auntie, Uncle, and Izanami.

I felt dad place his hand on top of my head. I look up and a single tear comes out of his eye. It may sound bad but I have never seen a grown man cry. I being the greatest daughter I hugged his leg and whispered. "Don't worry papa, they ok."

Not sure if he understood me I look up once again only to be pulled into a hug. It only lasted a second because people started to walk away turning to us. They awed at the heartwarming scene, some even stopped crying. Embarrassed, I pushed my head into my fathers neck.

"Alright little lady don't you have flowers to hand out?" Mom spoke after taking me into her arms. I quickly take my basket and turn to the graves. Looking over all of the stones I spotted Izanami's. Taking out the light blue Hydrangeas I carefully placed it down onto the stone.

'Don't cry, don't cry, do NOT cry!' I told myself over and over. "Thank you fow your help."
I whispered, holding back tears. I placed the white flower on the other graves till I ran out. 'What it isn't my fault I have useless baby hands.'

Now only auntie and uncle flowers were left. I walked through the crying people to get to the Hokage's grave. Some people even gathered around his grave including a scarecrow. I begin to step toward the grave going under people's legs. Till someone lifted me up.

"Come on love we must be going."

My dad takes me in his arms and walks over to mom. She was talking with auntie and uncle quietly. Mom must have noticed us coming and looked up.

"Are you two ready to go?" She asks, turning away from auntie. Dad says yes and they say their goodbyes. Auntie hugs me along with little ducky. Uncle even gave me a pat on the head. May not sound like much but we are talking about a Uchiha head here.