Chapter 7: The Cookie Jar

'It's time,' taking a deep breath I tiptoe into the kitchen. Moonlight crept through the curtains lighting my path to the counter. I look around once more, seeing nothing, before slowly climbing the counter.

'All according to plan heh,' I thought while taking the top of the cookie jar. What auntie is like the greatest baker ever.

"Yoki, what are you doing up?"

"GAH what the hell Itachi!" I whisper yells to the guy who legit came out of nowhere.

"I came to get water but shouldn't you be in bed?" Itachi started walking towards me.

"I couldn't sleep so I came to get a snack." I said, placing the cookie in my mouth. Itachi just looks at me wide eyed.

"What is with that look, you want one?" I asked between munching.

"Yoki, when did you learn how to speak in complete sentences?" 'Damn genius got to ask questions!'

"I guess the books but I mostly just pick up things." I stated trying to avoid his eyes. Itachi only responded with Uchiha's favorite word. A suffocating silence fell over us with Itachi's eyes boring into me.

"Welp we better be getting back to bed. Who knows what Auntie and Uncle will do if they find us." I said jumping off the counter with two cookies.

~~~~

"Good night Yoki, this time stay in bed. You need rest." Itachi firmly says while placing my bunny beside me.

"Alright, Dad good night," he smiles and shuts the door to me and ducky's room. Leaving me once again trapped with my thoughts. I stare at the clean white ceiling wishing for sleep to take over but it never did.

Sighing I look at the sleeping kid in jealousy. 'You lucky duck. Well, I might as well do something productive.' I sat up and threw Snowball and myself over the badly designed cage. The landing was not the greatest, but hey I am still in a baby's body.

Walking around as quietly as I could to the door before stopping. My worst enemy: the circle door handle. The leaver ones I could handle but these no. Not only would I need a mini ladder to unlock it; I would have to use both useless baby hands.

After a few minutes of staring at the door I sighed in defeat. 'Great , now what do I....wait the window!'