Chapter 4 (Vivienne)

After 2 hours and a few questions, the officer asked for the fourth time, "Do you have a relationship with him?" 

"I don't even know the guy. This town is small, and everyone has seen each other at least once." I grumbled, scratching and pulling at my hair in frustration, hoping that I would be let go already.

The officer at the desk questioning me looked like an old man who needed some time at the "How does he know your name then Ms . Emelda?"  

"Officer, I have nothing to do with this, and I was speaking to the victim prior to the incident. If you don't believe me, then you can check and run back the cameras," I said tiredly, frustrated at myself for accepting the shift that day and covering for Angie, mentally kicking myself in the ass for even picking up the phone that day.

The officers looked at me like they didn't believe me but had no choice but to accept my answer "Alright Ms.Emelda we're going to have to let you go for now, but please give us a call if you have any info or questions.'' he told me with a look in his eye hinting that I give info on the situation, almost as if its a promise that I would be kept soon...

                                                                ⊰☼☁︎✩☁︎☼⊱

          As soon as I left the police station, I looked for Jack, but to no avail, I couldn't find him anywhere, I headed straight to work, but halfway there I received a call from Adam saying that I didn't have to come in anymore and that I was still getting paid for the day so I shouldn't worry much.

        When I got home, something was off. The aura in my apartment radiated fear and malice. It felt as if something was in the dark, waiting for me carefully. I walked into my apartment, and I became afraid as soon as I crossed the threshold.

"Jack?" I called the living room, but there was no answer. "Shaun?" no answer.

 I was utterly terrified because my apartment was never this dark and I clicked the light switch but nothing came on, the lights were out. I contemplated if I should either walk in any further, but I threw my big girl panties on and went to my room. When I approached my room, the door was wide open, and I could've sworn I locked the door before I left.

"Jack honey?" I whispered walking to the door hoping that he was at least there sleeping,

Instead, what I saw inside horrified me. 

Jack stood there covered in blood with bloodied white roses in his hand and surrounding us were a bunch of red candles lit up on the floor, my bed covered in a heart made of bloody white rose petals and a round mass of red bloodied flesh on the nightstand with a knife in it hoping to god it was not human heart.

 I looked up at him and he had his usual sexy grin although his eyes did not match, when I stared into his eyes they were blank and red, no longer were there the gorgeous brown eyes I'd come to love so much. Instead, there were these terrifying red eyes that were blank and crazed, like someone who's lost it entirely.

"You're so beautiful even when you're scared," he whispered, walking towards me with the now creepy grin on his face, holding out the flowers to me. I was too shocked and scared to say anything, he put them in my hands took one of them, and put my wrist to his nose.

"Your skin smells like candy. I wish I could just sink my teeth into you," he murmured into my wrist as he started to kiss it, then turned my hand over and kissed the back of it. "I want to devour you and just tie you up and keep you to myself," he said looking into my eyes while kissing the back of my hand.

I tried to move, but I just couldn't. It was like an invisible force stopping me from moving like I was being held down, I was so terrified. I needed to call for help, but I couldn't open my mouth to say it. As if Jack was reading my mind, he continued staring into my eyes while twirling with my hair wrapped around his hands.