Chapter 5 (Vivienne )

"Don't worry, babydoll. It'll be better soon."

⊰☼☁︎✩☁︎☼⊱

"Wake up....."

"....."

"Wake up!"

l Jolted awake to the voice and opened my eyes to a dark room, senses flooding back to my body, my arms and legs tired as if running a marathon. I tried to pull my arms around me, but they didn't move. I tried again and looked up to realize I was tied.

I looked down at my body, seeing that I was in bed with both my legs and arms tied to each post of the bed. I cleared my throat to prepare to scream for help.

"No, you idiot! You'll alert him!" a deep, gruff timber voice whispered.

My eyes widened, darting around the room, looking for the source of the voice. I whispered low as if talking to myself, "Who are you?"

"All in due time, but for now, you need me." the voice huffed in its timber tone, "Without my help, HE would have controlled your ass a long time ago,"

Taken aback by his sudden bluntness, I inquired, "What do you mean?"

Annoyed, it said, "I just happen to be here, sweet cheeks, and with the help of someone who tried to protect you from him."

So this is a ghostly, grumpy guy, huh? Well then.

"Who was it that tried to protect me?" tired of asking questions, I anxiously looked around the room for an escape.

The dresser that held photos of my friends and remaining family replaced photos with me, pictures of me taken from the distance outside the shop and in my room, sleeping naked with the covers kicked off.

I needed to get out of here fast. I don't know when Jack will return, but he probably already knows I am awake.

"Remember, he feels you through your bond, like the movie of the werewolf and the vampire girl that almost killed him. We'll save that for another time, though.." he snickered.

I mumble in utter confusion, "Can you tell me what are you? Who are you?"

The voice sighed, "For one, call me Jasper. It's all you need to know for now. Second, the one who tried to protect you is the guy that was attacked by that motherfucker."

Jasper? Why does that sound so familiar? "How do you know me, Jasper? Where did you come from?"

"Escape now, questions later, let's leave it at that, shall we?" he chuckled.

Oh god, Nick, that was his name. I feel embarrassed and ashamed at the thought of not remembering him sooner, but now was not the time.

Frustrated, I sighed, "Do you know which hospital he is in?"

"I am not a GPS. However, I know there is an old factory across the street." He griped.

That was enough for me. I started to tug and move my arms to try to wiggle out the rope but to no use. it wouldn't budge, and then it hit me.

I must obey Jack's rules and listen to what he says to get out. I looked up at my hand, tied to the headboard, and then at my left hand. My ring finger was now marred and ruined, and it was wrapped in a bandage over the ring of the finger. It felt like a cold shackle, and I tried to flex it, but it wasn't easy.

However, it earned me a sharp, throbbing wave of pain, almost making me scream and my fingers messed up. I got it.

"My advice is to play along and give him what he wants. Trust me, it's only for now, and he's very predictable but very fucking cunning. He can sniff out a plan at any time unless you control your thoughts."