Chapter 7 (Vivienne)

I watched tearfully as Jack dropped to the ground, trying to fight the effects of the drug. I stood there, waiting and holding my breath until he stopped moving. Finally, I heard his snores. I relaxed and let out a sigh of relief, slowly creeping towards him.

While he slept peacefully, all I could think about was how angry and crazed he would be when he woke up. So, I called out his name, "Jack?"

I heard nothing but his loud snoring; he didn't move a muscle. I knew that once I administered the shot, he would be out for several hours. This allowed me to grab what I needed and leave before he woke up.

Without wasting time, I looked through my closet and found my old Obi belts from high school to use as restraints.

I turned around to see him still unconscious on the floor. I placed the belts on the nightstand and approached him, lifting him, but to no surprise, he was extremely heavy. I threw his arm over my shoulder and nearly crawled to the bed.

I positioned his upper body on the edge of the bed and climbed onto the mattress to help pull him onto it, preparing to begin the process.

This man was so heavy that I thought I would've gotten crushed just trying to lift him and so if anything, I have the belt for the best of restraints so I know for sure he's not going anywhere.

I tied him up from feet to hands, and afterward took a step back and admired my handiwork, i nodded satisfied and went to my drawer, the pictures of friends and loved ones destroyed or some pictures cut out with just me taped to the dresser.

Shaking off the chills I opened a drawer to find clothes I'd never seen before, I searched for my clothes not finding one piece of clothing in sight, everything was either very revealing or overly extravagant, out of everything I took out a baby blue long-sleeved shirt with a tag on it, the price was ridiculous for such a shirt, but overall plain enough and, I found my old pair of black jeans in my size stuffed in the corner of my dirty clothes hamper.

I look back to the bed to see Jack still put like a light and snoring, still scared of waking him up I crept towards the bathroom to change, being quiet as I looked in the mirror to see bruising on my neck and jaw, going down my arms and handprint bruising on my thighs, disgusted with myself I ran the water in the shower and without care jumped into the cold water; grabbing soap and a sponge I started scrubbing my skin raw to the point of red appearing under the bruising.

After I was done I got out and dried off and started putting on clothes, brushed my hair, and applied makeup to the places where the bruises were visible if the shirt didn't cover it.

I walked out of the bathroom, headed back into my room, and carefully peeked in to see Jack in the same position as I left him, sighing a breath of relief I grabbed my sneakers and my purse and ran out to the living room, the entire living room remained untouched except the photos that laid all over the floor and dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, the floor creaking under me with every step, the wall on the right of the living room catches my eye making me gasp, a series of photos aligned by red strings leading to the bloodied picture of me around it, hearts drawn on the wall, the hearts dripping from presumable blood, I shiver looking at the scene and looking above my picture was a black string leading to the picture of Ivan, his eyes in the picture crossed out and blood dripping from the photo, a knife stabbed into where his heart is.

I grow cold, moving back from the photo, all of my friends, even Shaun in a photo next to his were also dripped in blood with eyes crossed out, I covered my mouth to keep the feeling of vomiting coming up.

I turned away from the wall, running to the kitchen counter to find my purse and my car keys in the small compartment, without a second glance, I opened the apartment door and left after locking it.