𝑉𝐼 𝐹𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑢𝑙𝑘𝑢𝑛

Aonung and i layed down in silence. The moon was low and the sun was rising. I could hear Aonung's gentle breathing echo throughout the cave. I turned to my side facing him, he also turned.

"We should head back.. I don't want the sending another search party" I giggled he smiled and let out a small laugh.

"I guess your right." He said looking up at the ceiling again. But he looked upset.

"Whats wrong?" i ask him, he continues to look at the ceiling.

" If my parents find out about this they are going to skin me, i mean they already know i have something for you but Im pretty sure my mom hates your mom so us mating will make this 100× worse" He sighed. I sit up

"then lets not tell a soul" I announced making Aonung smile. He calls his ilu and we swim back to the clan. Aonung walks me back to my pod. Waving goodbye i walk inside and see Tsireya and Lo'ak talking.

"Hey lovebirds" I mock them, But lo'ak takes it too seriously and he puts his finger up at me.

"Penis face" I call and walk over to neteyam and kiri. They both have a massive grin on their faces.

"What?" i ask trying not to laugh

"So where were you and Aonung last night?" Kiri asks suspiciously.

"No where.." i cant help but grin

"So when you went for a swim with Aonung was no where?" neteyam laughs.

"Alright alright. You caught me" I put my hands up in surrender. "Just don't tell dad, he will drown me"

"Ooh, thats a promise we can't keep" kiri laughs hard makeing everyone look at her.

All of a sudden a loud siren noise booms around the room. Kiri stops laughing and Lo'ak kiri neteyam and me all have concerned looks on our faces. Tsireya on the other hand is smiling happily.

"They are here!" She shouts

"Who's here?" neteyam tilts his head

"The tulkuns!" She laughs "Come on!" She pulls lo'ak with her and we all follow.

There, in the water was a heard of tulkuns. It was a beautiful sight. Tsireya lets go on lo'aks hand and grabs mine. She jumps in the water pulling me with her. We swim over to one tulkun. I was in awe.

Tsireya starts signing to the tulkun, i could only understand so much.

I MET A BOY
Tsireya smiles widley, i knew it was my twin brother lo'ak that she liked.

THAT'S GREAT NEWS TSIREYA
The tulkun was so very friendly.

THIS IS MY FRIEND
Tsireya looks at me holding her hand out. I hold it and she pulls me towards her. I just smile.

SHE IS A FOREST PERSON?
The tulkun questions, i try to remember what tsireya taught me.

YES, I AM A FOREST PERSON
I signed nervously thinking i messed up.

YOU ARE BEING WATCHED
Tsireya signed to me and then moved her eyes left. I turned and saw Aonung staring at me. When he noticed his cheeks went a dark blue.

YOU HAVE A CONNECTION WITH THE BOY?
Asked the tulkun.

YES, I DO
I couldn't help but smile once again.

Tsireya has a conversation with the tulkun and i realise i need more air. I swim upwards, and see lo'ak secretly mount his ilu. "where is he going?"  i think to myself. I decide not to follow him, i hope that was the right choice.

I dive back in the water, swimming over to tsireya. She is circling in the water with the tulkun. I look at her before feeling someone tap my shoulder. I turn around quickly whipping my tail. When i see Aonung i calm down. He grabs the side of his legs where my tail whipped.

OW! THAT HURT
He signed to me

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE KIDS WHO MADE FUN OF KIRI
I started laughing under the water.

YOU CAN LIE BETTER THAN THAT
He smiles at me, he brings my hand to his lips and gently kisses it before swimming away.

_______________________________________

I sit outside our pod dangling my feet in the water. I hear foot steps behind me, neteyam sits next to me,he dangles his feet in the water too.

"You alright?" He asks

"Yeah," i pause "Do you ever.. Maybe.. Miss home"

Neteyam sighs. He puts his arm over my shoulder pulling me into a hug.

"All the time. I lay there at night thinking about grandma, spider and our ancestors. But we have to move on, we are safer here." He said

"I know but-" Neteyam cuts me off

"That day. When you got captured by the sky people, dad had his ear thing one loud so i heard everything. That was the scariest moment of my life." He takes a deep breath " I thought i would loose my favourite sister" He playfully nudged me and i slightly laughed.
"But seriously, i don't know what would've happened to me if i lost you.. Lo'ak, kiri... And even Tuk. So yes i miss home, All the time but we just have to remember that we left to be safe." he smiled gently.

"Your right" i look down at the water. "Thinking of lo'ak.. Have you seen him?" neteyam looks in the pod

"No i haven't" He responds "He'll be back later"

With that neteyam gets up and walks into the pod. He lays down in there and drifts off to sleep. One thing sticks to my mind.

Where is Lo'ak?