𝐷𝐸𝐴𝑇𝐻 𝐼𝑆 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐸𝑁𝐷.

𝑊𝐴𝑅. 𝑃𝐴𝑅𝑇 3

"Shit" Lo'ak places neteyam's arm around his shoulder, trying to keep him out of the water.
Tsireya emerges from the water,

"Quick get on!" She shouts signaling for us to put neteyam on the back of her ilu. My heart started to skip beats. Lo'ak calls his ilu pulling me and spider on. Spider places a hand on my shoulder, i hiss at him and he backs his hand away. After some swimming we arrive on a large rock.

"Dad its neteyam!" Lo'ak shouts to our father, fear washes over his face. We all start lifting him onto land.

"Watch his head" jake says to lo'ak. Tsireya has his legs and i have an arm with lo'ak. We gently place him down. Jake lifts neteyam's body up.

"Shit" He mumbles "Put pressure on it!" He shouts at lo'ak. I place my hand on his head stroking his hair out of his face.

"I'm sorry Y/N" I cries through panicked breaths.

"No... Its okay! Your gonna be okay! Neteyam don't leave me" I feel warm tears fall down my cheeks. My mother's ikran lands.

"No no no no!" She has panic in her voice.

"I want to go home" Neteyam mumbles

"We are gonna go home buddy" Jake says through tears. Neteyam's breathing quickens.

"Dad i-" His eyes go blank.

"NETEYAM!" neytiri screams.

Then kiri jumps out of the water along with Aonung and rotxo. I run over to Aonung tears flooding down my cheeks. He engulfed me in a tight hug.

"He can't be gone. Hes not gone." I mumble through tears.

"Shhh... Its gonna be okay.." Aonung rubs my back and plants a kiss on my head. I turn towards my family not breaking the hug.

"quick! We don't have much time. Take him to the water." kiri points at neteyam. I was confused. Me and aonung rush over to help. We place him in the water. Kiri starts saying prayers.

"Oh great mother. Please let me heal my brother. Please great mother. Let the way of the water let him live among the reef people, with me and his family." She looks at the sky. I notice her white freckles begin to glow. She climbs into the water, me and aonung close to her. Kiri swims to Neteyam's lifeless body. I grips onto aonung's hand. Kiri places a hand over neteyam.

We all wait patiently.

Nothing

  The sun starts to fade, eclipse rising.

Nothing.

My heart starts racing, i try to calm myself. I repeat the words in my head. "the way of the water is after your birth and before your death. The mighty mother protects us in special ways."

I open my eyes. Nothing. but then.

I glowing fish swims past me. It turns and faces me, before swimming over to kiri. Another one swims over to kiri, and another and another. Before i know it a swarm of them are there. Ilu's surround us. I look around, aonung places a hand over my shoulder. The water starts to flow around neteyam. All of a sudden.

Silence.

The fish begin to swim away, ilu's now circling us. My mother clings onto my father. Kiri lifts her hand slowly. My heart starts to pound again, nervousness rushing through my veins.

The wound has disappeared.

QUICK BRING HIM TO THE SURFACE
Kiri signs to us. me, aonung, loak and tsireya grab neteyam gently pulling him to the surface.

We lay him on the ground hoping for a sign of light, or was it too late. My dad runs over to neteyam. Aonung stands behind me placing a hand on my shoulder. I hold onto his hand, i feel my body shake.

"Come on bud. Breathe" jake starts hitting Neteyam's face gently. He begins mouth to mouth. I walk backwards to aonung. He wraps his arms around my waist, not letting go of my hand. I focus on neteyam and my dad.

"Neteyam please.." My dad begs. I look over to neteyams face. Neteyam gasps for air. I feel releif wash over me. My mother hugs him tightly

"Thank you great mother! Thank you great mother" She chants to the sky. I look to kiri. She walks over and i hug her tight.

"I shouldnt have left you, im so sorry" She mumbles.

"No no.. Don't apologise.. You saved neteyams life thats all that matters." I cupped her cheek.

I walk back to Aonung. I hug him again. Aonung holds on tight, i feel so hapoy that everyone is still alive. I never wanted to let go until i heard a voice.

" Y/N?.. " Neteyams raspy voice called. He gave me a cheesy smile. I felt warm tears stream down my face again.

"You scared the shit out of me neteyam."I sya as i hug him tight. " Don't ever do that again "

" Im not planning on it baby sis" he strokes my head. Aonung walks over. He hugs neteyam quickly, tears forming in his eyes. I thought this happiness could last forever until i realised.

"Wait wheres tuk? " i ask looking around for her.
My dad turns to lo'ak

"Where is your sister?" He asks demandingly. We all suddenly realise.

She is still on the boat.

(A/N) i figured out i have more motivation at night. I will try to upload daily but i may fail seeming as i have to get to school for 7:35. Yes thats when my school starts. But don't worry! I will keep uploading! Sorry this chapter isn't as long as the others! And i hope i didn't make too many people cry. Ngl i cried aswell!

Have a great day or evening<3