𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

JD sat down at a familiar lab table, in an empty classroom.  Sitting across from him, hidden behind lab equipment was Heather D.  She had a burner, and when she saw that JD had sat down, she flicked it on and watched as the flame rose, just as hot and destructive as your match back at Remington.

"So, it's come to this," JD began.  "Heather Chandler did polls, I want you to do a petition.  As a favor... as the favor.  You've heard of the group Big Fun, right?"

"That's right, 'Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It,'" Duke replied.

"Right.  Some teeny-bopper rag says they wanna play a prom.  Now, that could be Westerberg if we got everyone's John Hancock..."

"I'll get right on it coach."

Jason Dean was smarter than he looked, I'll give him that.  He even knows which ear is the gay ear.  He smirked at Duke, and slid her two papers.  A stack of papers with blank lines for everyone's signatures, and the envelope.  Heather grabbed them both, and slid the empty petition into her bag, completely ignoring the fact that it didn't have the front page explaining to people what they were signing.  She could use that to her advantage when the time came to get the signatures.

She held up the envelope, and gently tore it open.  Photos, letters, and countless pages and papers came flooding out.  Duke smiled.  Not at the 'fond' memories of her childhood, but at the fact she had successfully obtained the negatives.  She grabbed as many as she could, and held them up to the flame.  She watched them happily as they burned, and dropped them in the lab tables sink and grabbed the next group of photos to burn.

"And I have a little gift for you," she said, still fixated on the fire.

She dropped the second set of burning photos in the sink, and grabbed her copy of 'Moby Dick.'  Popularity was power, especially in Westerberg.  And popular people didn't like nerds.  And if you dared to look at a book in this school, you were forever considered a nerd.  And Heather was the queen now, and so a reputation like that simply wouldn't do.

"I won't be needing it," she told him.

Jason Dean grabbed the book happily, and swiftly left the room.  This was going even better than their first encounter!

Heather quickly finished the job of burning all evidence she and Martha ever looked at each other, and she left the room.  She pulled out the petition, and went to some of the first popular kids she had seen.  She told them to sign it, not even making an offer, and was shocked by how quick they were to just listen.  How quick they were to obey.

People used to act like this for Chandler, but never for her!  She was the most unpopular popular kid.  And now she was the most powerful person in the entire school!  It was magical, in a way.  She couldn't let anything stop her now.

Nothing will be allowed to stop her.

Not Heather, not Veronica, not you, not her history with Martha, and not even your stupid little boyfriend.  No one was stopping her.

A/n: you know the drill by now, short chapter, no bullshit, yada yada... plus a random question.

Who's better, musical Veronica, or movie Veronica?