17.

- Romessa -

Am I over reacting? The same question repeatedly circled my mind, as I watched Shehryar either running in and out of the ward or either looking after me. If I had to make a confession, I have slowly like his presence and him being around me, but if what Maya said was true, I can't keep someone who loves and is loved back by someone else, we have never had any real engaging conversations, the most we could sask eachother how our day was, or just something like the weather.

It had been dinner time, I had a drip on my right hand and a blood pressure monitor on my left, making it impossible to eat with any of hands, I think Shehryar had noticed that so he sat down beside the bed and picked up a spoon to feed me with, of course I feel bad troubling him, but I also hungry, ans I already tried picking it up but failed miserably each time.

It felt nice being cared by someone, mama did take care of us, but this also felt different. "Could you tell me what really happened between you and Maya in the garden?" The question slipped from my mouth, and I only realized when Shehryar had stopped and his eyes widened. "I want to hear the truth.." I slowly continued. "I swear Romessa, it wasn't what you think, Maya had called me out to tell something about ammi, since she used to go over to our house before ammi passed away" yea, I knew about that, there were even pictures of her in the photo album I saw with Noor and Khadija khala. "and then suddenly she started saying all that crap and she showed me ammi's bracelet that she lost, and I was so confused and lost, and then you came, and well you were there for the rest" "oh" that's all that came out, I know he wouldn't lie and he doesn't need to but something felt uneasy, "how did she know about you going to Germany?" "That, I don't know either" he sighed.

I hated trusting people in life, everyone I called a friend or family ended up leaving me or not fulfilling their role, as someone I could trust, look up to, ask for help, rant to, so I never really made many relations with people. But I also know this, that misunderstanding is a role in ruining relationships, maybe I took it wrong and should let Shehryar explain, and I did and this was the result, maybe Maya was the cause, but I can't judge too quickly.

For the rest of the evening, I slept, maybe because of the drip, but I was so tired and this was all that I needed. Shehryar was watching over me alle evening and he had work but he just sat there and either held my hand or massaged my head.

The next day, the doctors said I should stay in th hospital for atleast another day, but it was boring in the hospital, I just laid there all day. I asked or more like begged Shehryar to take me home, even though he was against it too, I was going home. On our way home, he suddenly stopped the car outside some stalls. He then left the car and was disappeared into the crowd of people. After several minutes, Shehryar came and sat on the driver seat, and handed me a bouquet of white roses and a box of chocolate, I was so taken back by this, "it's a little welcome home gift" "but Shehryar I was in hospital for a day"

- Shehryar -

The way she says my name always does something to my heart maybe the butterflies in my stomach also like her, that's why whenever she's around it really does something. "That doesn't matter" I said back. "Nope, I don't want it" she said crossing her arms like a little child "okay, okay, take it as a get well soon gift" "umm... fits the occasion so okay then" she smiled, her dimples appearing. "Now can we please go home" she said breaking our eye contact "sure" I nodded. We got home and were greeted by khala, Noor and Zaid, everyone was very happy that Romessa was home now. Since Romessa was really hunger and tried from hospital good, khala instantly got dinner ready, "dear, what did the doctor say about your sudden passing out?" Khala asked Romessa, I hadn't told anyone properly or else they would have been worried. Romessa looked at my direction with an questioning look, before I answered, "no khala, the doctors said I hadn't eaten anything and because of the heat, it got worse" Romessa said. "Oh dear, now you listen here mister, you better look after my daughter or I'll see you" khala threatened, "but khala-" "no buts, I shouldn't see her moving around or doing any chores, or I'll ask you" I can't win an argument against her anytime "yes khala" better to accept defeat.

After dinner, everyone was in the living room, we had just finished tea, and were about to head to bed. Everyone headed before us, leaving me and Romessa. Once I was sure everyone were in their rooms, I turned to Romessa who just stood up. I went up to her and stood right beside her "what are you doing?" "Nothing yet" "Shehryar whatttt-" midway her sentence I picked her up in a bridal style, "SHEHRYAR put me down" she whisper-yelled, "sorry rani, I can't, strict order of letting you move so" "Shehryarrrr" she whined, but she stopped moving once I started carrying her to our bedroom, "Shehryar you can put me down, you'll get tried I'm kinda heavy" "shh, you're not heavy at".

We stayed quiet for the rest of the way to our bedroom. Romessa tapped on my shoulder and pointed to the bathroom, I stopped and she indicated she wanted to get off, so I gently put her down, leaving her disappearing in the bathroom. While waiting for Romessa, my phone rang, it was Alex.
"Hey Alex, everything okay. You're calling really late"
"Hey, sorry Shehryar, I hope I wasn't disturbing you. Actually the thing is we are finding a few people suspicious and we want you to look at it" "you think there are suspects?" "Ye Shehryar, one for certain is working for someone" keeping cool "names, I need names" "mark" mark? My secretary in my Germany office, he was a quiet guy and did everyhting he was sacked for, "I think he's working for someone" "so an Insider huh" "ye, I wanted to inform you as soon as possible, should we take an action, "no, try to find out who he could possibly be working for and inform as soon as possible" we ended our call there leaving me disturbed and annoyed, but we can't do anything yet, we need evidence and need to use him to find out who's really behind this.

A/n: thun thun thun.. who could be behind this 🤔 will Shehryar be able to find them?? So many questions....
Anyways who's everyone doing? I've been sick these days but um still alive enough to finish writing this chapter