22.

- Romessa -
The next day, I had an early shift so I had gotten to the hospital at half 5. "I should have gotten a hot choco on my way" I was complaining, two things first it's too early in the morning and second, I can't drink coffee, so I go with hot choco, I used to drink coffee in med school, s happy it's over. Complaning to myself I made my way to my cabin, the light of my cabin was on, weird I thought I turned it off, I went to get ready when suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder I was going to scream when a hand covered my mouth and muffled my scream, no I ant die yet, I haven't said goodbye to mama yet, and I haven't gotten my hot chocolate yet. My eyes tearing up, the person responsible for this, turned me around to face them, it was non other than Shehryar, he gently removed his hand from my mouth, still holding my shoulder though. I was grateful u wasn't going to die but I didn't want to see him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just um, wanted to give umm coffee" he pointed to the cupcake and coffee on my desk. "Thanks but I'm good" I responded distant, I need to start my rounds before I collect my patients list and go to the ward to check up two of the patients. "I have alot of work, please leave" I said looking at him, he turned and I was actual hoped he was leaving but he just closed the door and sat at my desk, I started at him with my mouth open, does he not have work, "Rani, stop staring I thought you said you had work" "huh, I wasn't staring, and don't call me rani" I said gritting my teeth, let's not mess up a perfect morning, I was talking to myself, I quickly got my lab coat on and made way around the hospital.

- Shehryar -
I hadn't explained myself to her last time and let her walk away but I'm not doing that today, I had to beg Ana all night to let me have Romessa's timetable for the week, she was suspicious, it was very hard to achieve it and clearing it up to her on why I needed it. Seeing Romessa yesterday made much of pain go away, of course I still couldn't sleep, so when I was her shift starts at half 5, I was too excited to sleep that I had gotten to the hospital at 5. After our little morning meeting in cabin, Romessa left to do her round, of course she didn't have many patients today, she only had to check on her ward patients, and she'd be back to work on some paper work, I intend on staying with her, she can't leave or make me leave now.

By half 9, Romessa walked into her cabin, her face dropped once she saw me, she either forgot me or thought I wouldn't be here. "Don't you have work?" "No rani, you're my work" she rolled her eyes and went to her desk, I decided to sit on the chair infront of her desk. While she was working I was looking at her, she looked detailed, concentrated on her work, her long eyelashes, her light brown eyes, her lips biting on the pen as she frowns at the work she's doing. Look intently, she noticed my staring at her, "take a picture, it'll last longer" "good idea princess, I don't have any recent pictures" she scowled. "I have another patient in 2 minutes, it'll take awhile, you should go have lunch" "are you caring about me right now" she realized her caring mistake "I mean, as a doctor you should go eat something, you look like you haven't eaten in a while" saying that she left.

I had planned on eating with her, when she was done with her patient, she had gone to have lunch at the canteen, she was sitting with Ana and a few nurses. I grabbed a tray of pasta and vegetables and sat at their table, everyone was surprised, except my dear wife. "Oh, I didn't know you were here today?" "Yea, I wanted to spend a day at the hospital" I said back to Ana. The nurses blushing and giggling, I was sitting between Ana and Romessa. I was eating when one of the nurses, Lucy on her name badge, spoke "Romessa, you know Dr Noah, all the nurses thinks he likes you. He goes all shy when he sees you" all the nurses agreed to her, "maybe you should go with him to the charity event dinner" another nurse, Emma said. "I actually don't think I could go" she said "aw.why not?" They all asked, "because she's going with someone else" I ended up saying out loud, they were all looking at me and then at Romessa, "really, who?" They all started asking, Romessa looked pissed at me again, "I don't know, ask this genius beside me" saying that she got up and left. "Sorry ladies excuse me, lunch was great, but I gotta get back to work" I excused myself from the table too. Since Romessa had a few more paper work to do before the charity event, that would mean she'd be in her cabin. And I was right, she was there. As I walked in and made myself comfortable on the chair, she started looking at me, "yes?" She kept looking at me, "Shehryar, I have been watching me all day, don't you have work" "I told ypu before Shehryar ki Jaan, you're my work" "Shehryar, what do you want, just please tell me and leave" "you want me leave" she nodded, "okay-" she smiled a little, "on two conditions though" her smile dropped as fast as I had said it, "what" " first let me spend a day with you, and second go to the charity event with me tomorrow" she paused for a bit, still looking at me, "fine, now will you leave" "Sure, I'll see you in a bit" I left her cabin, leaving behind a confused Romessa.

It was 7 in the evening, meaning Romessa must be done any moment now, I didn't really leave, I checked around the final preparations for tomorrow, then waited in my car a bit, it was late, and I wanted to drop her home. I saw her standing outside the hospital, I drove and parked stopped infront of her when a male doctor had approached her, they said something I didn't hear, then he said something that made her giggle, after he left, Romessa still didn't see me. *BEEP* I horned to get Romessa's attention which I did, she looked pissed and embarrassed, she went around to the car and saw me. "What?" "Let me drop you home" "no thanks I'll take the bus" "okay, I'll see you at 8 on your cabin then" she turned around and did a double take, "how did you know I start at 8" I smirked, "get in Mrs Shehryar" annoyed she got in, "this wasn't a condition" " it wasn't". I reached around her, our face very close too eachother, so close that if one of us moved, we would have kissed, our breath fanning each others face, her breath uneven, I pressed my lips at her ears, "seat belt rani" and grabbed her seat belt and putting it on for her, once I settled on my seat and looked at her, her pink cheeks looked even more pink and bright.

Our drive was quiet, the only engagement we had was when I asked her address, she was reluctant at first, but then had gave it me. We reached the apartments in under 25 minutes since they weren't that far from the hospital. Once I stopped outside the apartment, I was patiently waiting for her to say anything, but the only thing she said was, "thanks for dropping me, you might have a lot of work" I don't, and I understand she wants me to leave but, uh I was really wishing there was reason I could go in right now. " Romessa api?" It was Haadir, it looks like he was coming back from uni or something, "is that Shehryar bhai?" I exited the car and smiled at him, "it is" we hugged and I ruffled his hair a bit, "how are you bro?" "Good, come, you should come inside, everyone will be happy to see you" I looked over to Romessa glaring at Haadir, "Romessa api, you don't know know how to treat your husband, tsk tsk" "I'll ask your wife on how to treat something" she remarked at him. I loved their bond from the start, caring but also those sibling fights. I chuckled, I had my hand around Haadir's shoulder, and I quickly held Romessa's hand, she tried letting go, but my grip was strong, and she couldn't really say a throng since her brother was there.