24.

- Romessa -
I had woken up to something on me, more like someone. It felt so comfortable and nice. I tried getting up, but no avail, I managed to get my arm free, and I reached over to check the time.
6:40am
"SHEHRYAR WAKE UP" I screamed, once the poor guy woke up from the shock and let me free, I ran to the bathroom. I decided to wear my scrubs now and I ran out, I was putting on my hijab and picking my bag when he came out all dressed, " come I'll drop you" "no its fine Shehryar, you haven't had breakfast" "Rani, you're haven't either" "yea, cuz im running late" "OK listen, I'll eat something late, I promise, let's just go" I picked up my bag and ran to the front door where I was wearing my shoes, once I was done I left a quick text telling mama I'll have breakfast at the hospital, if I had time(I didn't add that part). We got to Shehryar's car and he drove in speed, we made it to the hospital with one minute to spare. I bid Shehryar goodbye and headed to the general ward while Shehryar went to meet Adnan and Mark, to prepare for the Event tomorrow.

We both were really bust today, it was either me running into the general ward or the reception or to the emergency ward. I had to skip lunch too since there were less doctors in the emergency ward and for some reason the emergency ward  was really busy today. I barely missed my prayers in between running upstairs and here ans there. I didn't even see Shehryar today. But he was outside in the hospital park, and I was inside all day.

After finally being done for today, I was so exhausted I headed to my cabin. I couldn't even stand on my feet, I can't wait to even sit down. When I opened the door, I was Shehryar sitting on my chair, I was so happy to see him, I made way there, standing infornt of him, "tired" "so much" he leaned in to hug me, while I was still standing that I feel in his lap, it was supposed to be embarrassing, but I was too tired to feel anything. I leaned into his chest while he embraced me. Soon I didn't even realize I fell asleep.

- Shehryar -
We were in our comfortable position for so long that I didn't even realize that my rani fell alseep. I looked at her for some time, she looked so carefree and cute when she sleeps, she also looks really tired. I wanted to get her home in bed but I didn't want to wake her up from our position. We were like that for an hour, it was almost 12. She suddenly jerked waking up, "Shehryar" "yes" I didn't realize but I fell alseep too, she looked at our position and stood up making me miss her being close to me, "how long had I been sleeping like that?" "Almsot an hour and half" "omg, are you okay, I was heavy, you should have woken me up" "my rani, don't worry about me, you were light as a feather" she slowly smiled and sat on her desk infront of me, then looked at her wrist watch. "Shehryar you should go him, it's really late" "and what bout you?" "You didn't get my timetable for today?" She smirked, "no sadly, but  I could just ask my wife" "yea sure, anyways I'm working until 9am and then I'm off for the day" she told me. "Oh okay, I'll go home, but meet me after your 9am shift" she agreed and after I kissed her forehead I headed home. One of the reasons I hated coming home was because it reminded me of ammi. Everything, every corner, anything and everyhting here reminds me of her, and the ky distraction I had was Romessa, she filled a certain hole that was empty when ammi died. I tried my best to stay positive and went to my room to change and head to bed, I had wake up early.

- next day -
I woke up early and called adnan and told him what to get me before half 8. I got dressed in casual black shirt and khaki green cargo pants, I fixed my hair up and headed to my car, I arrived at the hospital at 8.50 and Adnan gave me the bag of things I needed it. I also bought hot chocolate, brownies and a book I had seen on her wishlist on her table in her cabin, and I the other bag. I was outside, telling the designers how I wanted the lights and stage set up, I had some designers help the children with a quick outfit check.

It was 9.05 when Romessa finally came out. I went to her and dragged her near my car. "Hey my rani, how was your shift?" I said hugging her "good, but I'm really tired now" she wrapped her arms around my waist and we stood their comfortable, good thing no one was here. "I'll ask Adnan to drop you home" "but-" "my final word rani" "fine" she pouted. I opened the trunk of the car and took out the two bags, she eyed them confused "they're for you rani" "what why" "why not, I can buy for my princess can't I?" "Yea, but didn't need to" "you'll have to take them rani" I handed her the big bag "wear this tonight" and then handed her the small bag too. She smiled "I didn't get you anything" "well you could give me something right now" "What?" I leaned in, close enough that our lips were inches away, yearning to be together, I breathed out "your hair tie" I said that I went back, she look flustered and shy, composing herself and noticing what I said, "but it's in hair, and I had my hijab on" "no silly, the one on your wrist. It was pink hair tie with a 'R' chain on it. She just shrugged and gave it to me. Soon I called Adnan to drop Romessa home and I went to look at the final preparations.

- Romessa -
The event was at 6 and right now it was half 4. I had slept for almost 7 hours. After I came home, I had the hot chocolate and brownies Shehryar had given me, and he had bought bme the book that was on my wishlist for soo long, but some I was soo tired, I decided to fall asleep.

After I woke up, I decided to take a shower and get ready, right when I was going to pick up the bag Shehryar had given me I received a text,

Shehryar: I'll pick you up at half 5
Me: okay ♡
Shehryar: ♡♡

Cute, I thought, I picked up the bag, it was fricken saree, I live saree, and this one was so beautiful, it was black but and gold ends and it looked so beautiful, in the bag there were a pair of black heels with golden pattern on it and a black bag, which was big enough to keep my necessary things but small enough that it won't bother me. While getting ready, I need mama's help with the top, it was a long sleeves top with a zip on the back, then she helped me with the skirt part. I tired my black hijab and wore my heels, just I finished applying my lipstick, I heard ammerah calling me, "Api Shehryar bhai is here, come" "coming" I quickly put on my balck watch and walked outside. Everyone was busy doing something but Shehryar looked awe struck, he didn't move his eyes from me as soon as I had come into her view. "Kids one second, Ayesha take a picture of them". I stood beside Shehryar who immediately put his arm around my waist. I was looking at the camera when he pinched my waist making me look at him while Ayesha took a picture of us. "Khala, We might be done with the event late, so I might bring her to my home if that's alright?" "Of course, you don't need to ask, enjoy yourselves" I kissed mama and headed out following Shehryar.

The car journey was quiet, we kept stealing glances of each other though, he looked dashing, he was wearing all black matching me, he even had a golden handkerchief in his square pocket, his hair brushed back but still looking so soft and fluffy, I really want to pat it I thought to myself.