1-10

Bai Fumei in the '70s Chapter 1Zhao Lanxiang's eyes turned red as countless teardrops rolled down her cheeks.

She held the thick, warm hand on the hospital bed and wept silently.

"Lanxiang, you are not a child anymore, don't cry like that..."

The man lying on the bed tried hard to stretch out his hand to touch her head, but he could hardly draw any strength.

He was old. The old wounds that he had accumulated over the years had hit him hard and quickly knocked him down. The ten years of prison life that he had suffered when he was young gave him a sickly body. It was already a blessing to be able to keep it up until now.

His old hazy eyes glanced affectionately at his wife again. Although she was just as old as him, she was still so beautiful.

He liked it very much when those gentle brows of hers would curve like crescent moons when she smiled.

"Show me a smile?"

Zhao Lanxiang wiped away her tears and smiled reluctantly at her husband, who was lying on the bed.

He Songbai closed his eyes with satisfaction.

She covered her mouth, her crying was getting louder, and her tears couldn't stop.

Secretary He, who was next to her, took down his gold-wired glasses and reached for the man's nose.

He comforted the woman with difficulty, "Madam, please be at ease. Regarding the estate left by the chairman, the lawyer will discuss it with you in detail later."

Secretary He looked at the deceased man on the bed with awe and regret.

This man's life had been inspirational and bumpy. He was born in poverty, then he went to prison at the age of nineteen and spent ten years in jail. After he was released, he worked hard for ten years and suddenly turned from a poor boy with no background to a business giant. He was a legend who fought a bunch of seasoned businessmen with no prior experience himself.

...

Two lines of tears suddenly streaked across Zhao Lanxiang's cheeks. Her mother, Feng Lian, wiped her red face, poked her forehead, and said, "Crying when you have a fever, so squeamish! If your dad sees you like this, you will get another scolding."

Zhao Lanxiang opened her eyes and stared at Feng Lian for a long time.

Feng Lian sighed and said, "Who does not get married these days? The first time I met with your dad was when I was getting the marriage certificate. Although it was a blind date, haven't the days been going well for us?"

Zhao Lanxiang only thought that she was dreaming. She was immersed in the grief of losing her husband, and could not cope for a long time.

It was just that, if this was a dream, how come she was so confused... that she would dream about her young mother?

Seeing her daughter ignore her, Feng Lian thought that she was being stubborn and hating the iron for not becoming steel, she poked her daughter's forehead again and said, "After all, it's not a small marriage. It's not easy to make your dad decline the other party's parents since they are your dad's boss!"

[T/N: "Hating the iron for not becoming steel" means blaming other people for not meeting their expectations.]

Zhao Lanxiang's forehead hurt. She finally faced her mother's chatter and quickly got up.

She noticed the calendar on the table said, April 16, 1976.

Zhao Lanxiang felt terrified in her heart and was shocked for a long time.